PDA

View Full Version : Handcrafted Priests made from WA Timbers

Willy Nelson
18th January 2015, 06:10 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,
Due to the strong winds we've had lately in WA, I haven't had as much time to snorkel, dive, crayfish, fish, etc and therefore have had an abundance of time to handcraft these priests. Priests are used to administer the last rights to a fish before clubbing it senseless in a humane and gentle fashion.

The Priests are made from the following WA timbers (Top to bottom):
Tuart, Sheoak and Jarrah

WA fish deserve to be clubbed into unconsciousness with only the finest WA timbers. In fact, they insist upon it. None of those cheap, Chinese imported timbers or Eastern Australian weeds for our fine fish!

Willy
Jarrahland337289

DSEL74
18th January 2015, 06:17 PM
I thought they were "Bed Snake Bats"..

Never heard of Tuart before. THe top one in the photos and the third one down are my favourites. Very Nice.

chambezio
18th January 2015, 07:08 PM
London Bobbies...."Ullo, ullo, ullo"

artful bodger
18th January 2015, 07:11 PM
London Bobbies...."Ullo, ullo, ullo"

Nulla Nulla's....bye bye, bye bye.

_fly_
18th January 2015, 07:13 PM
He "Says" they are for fish but they all need them for protection in the west.

All Very nicely done.

issatree
18th January 2015, 07:22 PM
Hi Willy,
Way back in 1992 I was given a sheet, heading was " Pyjama Python Pounder ".
These were not my words, & I sold quite a few. Still have the Sheet somewhere.
Mine weren't as heavy as yours but almost everybody got a giggle from them
They were bought for Couples who attained 25 Years of Marriage, & was tied with a pink ribbon & presented to the Lady.

dai sensei
18th January 2015, 09:39 PM
Looking good mate :2tsup:

WA fish deserve to be clubbed into unconsciousness with only the finest WA timbers. In fact, they insist upon it. None of those cheap... Eastern Australian weeds for our fine fish!

Yeh those poor little soft fish deserve those pussy timbers, you could have at least used some decent hard Jam. Now in Qld, the fish are harder bigger better :rolleyes:, so require those harder QLD timbers like Gidgee, Western Rosewood, Hairy Oak, Bull Oak, Rose Sheoak, Cooktown Ironwood ...........etc etc etc. I guess there are just too many to choose from :wink::U:U:U:U

Willy Nelson
18th January 2015, 10:49 PM
I thought they were "Bed Snake Bats"..

Never heard of Tuart before. THe top one in the photos and the third one down are my favourites. Very Nice.

Tuart is a funny timber, it is protected as it only grows in a narrow coastal strip of WA, it is hard, very Bloody hard, and dense somewhat bland, but these bits have a bit of curl.
These come from a tree in my backyard
Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

Willy Nelson
18th January 2015, 10:51 PM
Hi Willy,
Way back in 1992 I was given a sheet, heading was " Pyjama Python Pounder ".
These were not my words, & I sold quite a few. Still have the Sheet somewhere.
Mine weren't as heavy as yours but almost everybody got a giggle from them
They were bought for Couples who attained 25 Years of Marriage, & was tied with a pink ribbon & presented to the Lady.

Ha Ha, not sure how to respond to this, but maybe an emoticon will do:B

Willy Nelson
18th January 2015, 10:54 PM
Looking good mate :2tsup:

Yeh those poor little soft fish deserve those pussy timbers, you could have at least used some decent hard Jam. Now in Qld, the fish are harder bigger better :rolleyes:, so require those harder QLD timbers like Gidgee, Western Rosewood, Hairy Oak, Bull Oak, Rose Sheoak, Cooktown Ironwood ...........etc etc etc. I guess there are just too many to choose from :wink::U:U:U:U

Pfffffffffffffffttttttttttttttt, never heard of those timbers (except Jam), clearly they are inferior to the likes of Jarrah, Sheoak etc. The WA Dhufish would laugh at those Eastern Weeds. You should have said Dead Finish, then you would have had my respect.
Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

dai sensei
18th January 2015, 11:25 PM
...You should have said Dead Finish, then you would have had my respect...

Yeh it is nice but that is one of our softer ones :roflmao: