PDA

View Full Version : am i being realistic

fenderbelly
18th January 2015, 09:51 PM
I'm thinking of bidding on this but not sure if the radio will be repairable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171645109539?afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

DaveTTC
18th January 2015, 10:25 PM
If you win you should post in woodwork forums members transport section.... Maybe even post there now. as the item is pickup it would be handy to know if someone is passing by, unless of course you were planing to make the trip yourself in which case I might ask if you have a little room on your return trip.

As for the radio ... I have no idea, is it am or fm

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

KBs PensNmore
19th January 2015, 02:54 PM
I think Marvin got there first, ratted the good stuff and left the rubbish behind, personally I wouldn't bid on it, as recovery costs might stretch the Visa Card a bit.:rolleyes:
Kryn

Bushmiller
21st January 2015, 09:03 AM

Fred

Don't go there....The vendor doesn't offer returns and you are not covered by the Ebay guarantee policy :rolleyes: .

Regards
Paul

Sawdust Maker
21st January 2015, 09:24 AM
Fred

Don't go there....The vendor doesn't offer returns and you are not covered by the Ebay guarantee policy :rolleyes: .

Regards
Paul

What he doesn't take paypal?

Sawdust Maker
21st January 2015, 09:27 AM

I reckon the radio spare parts would be hard to get now, the technology is 10 years old, things have moved on

DaveTTC
21st January 2015, 09:32 AM
I reckon the radio spare parts would be hard to get now, the technology is 10 years old, things have moved on

Russia may provide spare parts .... someone is boud to have sold the technology to the former UUSR at the time ;)

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art

Bushmiller
21st January 2015, 02:36 PM
What he doesn't take paypal?

Nick

Good point. You can say what you like, but the law and consumer guarantees still stand. I can see your training coming to the fore :rolleyes: . Having said that, unless there is a huge flurry of bidding at the nth hour, one buyer is going to get it for US$1.50 and I can't see it being worth the effort to go down the litigious path :( .

Fred

On a slightly different point, it is important to take into account how far away we are from Mars bearing in mind this is a pick up only item (Australia Post struggle interstate sometimes so you can forget about them and TNT will charge a fortune unless you have an account).

It may be viable if you head off when we are only 35 million miles away instead of 250 million miles away and allowing that you may have to bequeath the radio/parts to grandchildren rather than enjoy them yourself.

We were last that close in 2003. I am not sure when that proximity occurs again. What model spaceship do you have? :)

Regards
Paul

fenderbelly
21st January 2015, 11:43 PM
Nick

Good point. You can say what you like, but the law and consumer guarantees still stand. I can see your training coming to the fore :rolleyes: . Having said that, unless there is a huge flurry of bidding at the nth hour, one buyer is going to get it for US$1.50 and I can't see it being worth the effort to go down the litigious path :( .

Fred

On a slightly different point, it is important to take into account how far away we are from Mars bearing in mind this is a pick up only item (Australia Post struggle interstate sometimes so you can forget about them and TNT will charge a fortune unless you have an account).

It may be viable if you head off when we are only 35 million miles away instead of 250 million miles away and allowing that you may have to bequeath the radio/parts to grandchildren rather than enjoy them yourself.

We were last that close in 2003. I am not sure when that proximity occurs again. What model spaceship do you have? :)

Regards
Paul

current model is a Ford

Bushmiller
22nd January 2015, 06:52 AM
current model is a Ford

Should be OK. Just check to see if the RACQ have inter-planetary arrangements similar to the NRMA in NSW and the RACV in Victoria.

:)

Regards
Paul

DaveTTC
22nd January 2015, 08:17 AM
My biggest concern is ... what if this guy does not really have the rights as far as selling. You'd hate to get there and have a scrap with some other person who has also paid for it or the real owner

Dave the turning cowboy

turning wood into art