PDA

View Full Version : Computerised woodturning ?

Oldgreybeard
20th January 2015, 01:25 PM
Saw this on AAW forum this morning - thought you may be interested if you haven't seen it before. I haven't followed up to see what the costs are, but wouldn't expect it to be cheap.

Bob

Edited:
Here is link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVpp9zHTXEE

RoyG
20th January 2015, 08:03 PM
Saw this on AAW forum this morning - thought you may be interested if you haven't seen it before. I haven't followed up to see what the costs are, but wouldn't expect it to be cheap.

Bob

Bob,

Sounds interesting. Can you post the link you're referring to please....

Thanks,

Roy

brendan stemp
20th January 2015, 08:22 PM
Was there supposed to be an attachment?

Oldgreybeard
20th January 2015, 08:23 PM
Bob,

Sounds interesting. Can you post the link you're referring to please....

Thanks,

Roy

Sorry, here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVpp9zHTXEE

Bob

dai sensei
20th January 2015, 09:52 PM
Now that looks useful, interesting to see how much it will cost

RoyG
9th March 2015, 06:53 PM
Now that looks useful, interesting to see how much it will cost

Just wondering if anyone followed up on this "CutterVision" system to see what it would cost to get it to Australia, and whether they could supply it with 240 Volt 50 Hz power supplies ?

Regards,

Roy

Mobyturns
9th March 2015, 09:08 PM
Trent Bosch also has a similar system "Visualizer" http://www.trentbosch.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=143&osCsid=ffoh53uplqtn317lsmmtm8au07

J Paul Fennel markets an optic fibre lighting system as well. http://www.jpaulfennell.com/Tools.html

Oldgreybeard
10th March 2015, 01:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone followed up on this "CutterVision" system to see what it would cost to get it to Australia, and whether they could supply it with 240 Volt 50 Hz power supplies ?

Regards,

Roy

I have sent an email to the manufacturer today and will post thier response when received.

Bob

RoyG
10th March 2015, 01:19 PM
I have sent an email to the manufacturer today and will post thier response when received.

Bob

Great minds think alike.... I just sent them an email as well, only a few minutes before I saw your post. It'll be interesting to see what info comes back.

Roy

Christos
10th March 2015, 09:31 PM
I have not done any hollow forms as yet and I do see some logic on what was presented.

SDB777
16th March 2015, 11:51 AM
Having turned a hollowform this weekend with the D-way hollowing tool. The spring measuring the distance between cutter head seems the best(cheapest) route with absolutely perfect results(to be read as I was able to get a 3/16" wall thickness from opening hole to base).

No fancy monitor, computer, electrical hook-ups to worry about filling with dust and wet wood chips.....

Scott (notice in the video the lack of actual use) B

mark david
16th March 2015, 12:04 PM
Hi Roy, I am not heavily into woodturning myself althought do a bit of wood and metal turning on my Sieg Co lathe.

I suppose they would need to sort out software licensing before they made it available elsewhere.

It is a great idea and would be uselful to a lot of turners if the price is reasonable.
You can get U.S to A.U transformers at good prices on Ebay, I use one myself for running a U.S made vacuum pump.

Regards,

Roy

Oldgreybeard
27th March 2015, 09:11 AM
Received this reply from JTTurning Tools this morning:

Bob, first of all thank you for your interest and for sharing it with others.

We want to provide the best possible service to our customers. So, at the present time, distribution of CutterVision is limited to North America. This is due to known/potential power issues in various countries and also potential support limitations.

Tom Steyer

JT Turning Tools, LLC
582 S. 126 St.
Omaha, NE 68154

402-330-9801
[email protected]

Bob