PDA

View Full Version : First Casts

LeoGunner
22nd January 2015, 11:42 AM
This is my first crack at casting.
Shout out to Tony from Perfect Pens & Pencils for all of his help and guidance - thank you mate :cheers2:

Aussie flora stamp decoupage and the other is Japanese Chiyogami (Yuzen) paper I picked up while over in Japan last year.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with how they came out but as always, comments and critiques welcome. :D

Cheers
Steve

337627 337626 337625 337623 337624

gawdelpus
22nd January 2015, 12:15 PM
And you should be pleased with the results ,downside is you can't stop there now hehe, cheers ~ John

maddog 62
22nd January 2015, 03:49 PM
well done they look good

Brett Hammond
22nd January 2015, 06:38 PM
Instead of selling you the pen blanks I should have organised a swap.

They look great.

Brett

Perfect Pens
22nd January 2015, 09:03 PM
Steve,

Nice work mate, especially the Japanese Chiyogami one !! you will need to drop It around and let me see it. Have you done any In the mould yet?

Cheers
Tony

LeoGunner
22nd January 2015, 11:32 PM
Thank you all for the kind words - I may have pre-warned the wife to expect make up supplies to arrive in the near future for colour casting :p

G'day Tony, yes mate all courtesy of the mold... thank you again for that, it has been great fun to play with. I'll have to pop in for some more brass tubes (and a coffee) :D

John Doyle
23rd January 2015, 09:40 PM
Always interested in anything to do with pens great to see nice work.

JTTHECLOCKMAN
27th January 2015, 03:49 AM
Nicely done and now you are hooked. Many aspects to pen turning for sure. Did you have to treat the paper with anything before casting to prevent wrinkles??? What resins are you using??? Thanks for showing.

LeoGunner
28th January 2015, 11:56 AM
Nicely done and now you are hooked. Many aspects to pen turning for sure. Did you have to treat the paper with anything before casting to prevent wrinkles??? What resins are you using??? Thanks for showing.

Thanks very much JT and yes - very much hooked :U I used a decoupage glue to seal the paper & stamps prior to casting. This is the PR I used, from Barnes (http://www.barnes.com.au/polyester/clear-casting-resin-1267#/sizes-4kg) here in Oz. Still experimenting with the way I do it to eliminate water seepage when wet sanding but lots of fun to play with.

maddog 62
29th January 2015, 10:46 PM
Steve
just a quick on were did you get the mold ?
was it an import or a local supplier?
cheers Tony

LeoGunner
30th January 2015, 12:17 AM
Steve
just a quick on were did you get the mold ?
was it an import or a local supplier?
cheers Tony

G'day Tony,

They are an import from ptownsubbie (http://ptownsubbie.com/) mate,

Cheers
Steve