PDA

View Full Version : 1 Day Router Course ----Interested????

Gwhat
10th July 2005, 03:33 PM
Under a different thread mention was made of the 1 day Router courses run in Brisbane by Richard Vaughan (regular contributor to Aust Wood Review and general router guru).

Given the interest in that thread, the question is who would be interested in such a course in Melbourne? What day of the week is best - Saturday?

If there is sufficient interest we will try to organise something, if possible getting Richard to come down and run it. We would arrange a venue and arrange lunch etc.

Your thoughts please?

Regards

The Woodpecker

www.woodpeckers.com.au

Gumby
10th July 2005, 03:53 PM
Definitely.

My suggestion would be a Saturday. At the Triton Club, run a few excursions and found that if they were mid week, the turn out wasn't any where near as good as it was on the weekends. Great idea, if it gets some legs, i can mention it at the next Triton Club meeting next weekend. I'm sure some there would be interested.

Cagey
10th July 2005, 08:47 PM
Im in

Auld Bassoon
10th July 2005, 08:56 PM
Under a different thread mention was made of the 1 day Router courses run in Brisbane by Richard Vaughan (regular contributor to Aust Wood Review and general router guru).

Given the interest in that thread, the question is who would be interested in such a course in Melbourne? What day of the week is best - Saturday?

If there is sufficient interest we will try to organise something, if possible getting Richard to come down and run it. We would arrange a venue and arrange lunch etc.

Your thoughts please?

Regards

The Woodpecker

www.woodpeckers.com.au (http://www.woodpeckers.com.au)
Yes! Please!

03:00 on a wet Monday would be ok (only kidding) - better make that 05:00http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Seriously, I would be very interested in that, and yes, a Saturday would be the most convenient.

Cost is not a major factor, so long as it was within the ball-park of commercially run courses. Also, a hands-on rather than just lecture format would be preferable, but I am cognisant of public liability issues, so appreciate that such a format may not be practicable.

Please advise us of the progress of this, or a PM or e-mail would be welcome.

Thanks also for taking the time to investigate possibilitieshttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon7.gif

Cheers!

PS How are the "bees"?

tonyjune
11th July 2005, 11:15 PM
Count me in. Flying machines and flying wood are starting to scare me.

Anytime anywhere.
Tony.

meerkat
11th August 2005, 05:26 PM
Yup I'd be interested 2

Optimark
11th August 2005, 06:20 PM
I would also be interested, Saturday or Sunday, with Saturday being the one of choice.

Also, a long lead time to organise work and family commitments, would be appreciated.

Mick.

I_wanna_Shed
11th August 2005, 10:59 PM
I'm interested...... if one was ever to be held in Sydney!

Cheers.

Simomatra
12th August 2005, 11:02 AM

Your thoughts please?

Regards
The Woodpecker

www.woodpeckers.com.au (http://www.woodpeckers.com.au/)

Hi All

I attended the course in Bisbane and it was really good. Can recommend if Richard is the instructor

Was speaking to Richard the other day on another subject and he was interested, when I told him of the other thread. You need to contact him

Richard Vauhan
Works in Wood
Ph: 07 3376 8520
email: [email protected]

Richard will also be at the Canberra WWW show 2-4th September and continue on to the other shows as they happen

Regards Sam

Simomatra
12th August 2005, 11:29 AM
Correction to my earlier post.

Richard, as I said, was aware of the proposed course but should not be contacted directly I presume you should follow the follow the other posts.

Great course enjoy
Sam

Grunt
12th August 2005, 01:51 PM
Sam,

To save Richard from getting spammed to death it would be good if you changed his email from what you have to something like 'REMOVErichardTHESTUFFvauhanINCAPITALS@netspaceTOAVOIDSPAMBOTS.net.au'

tonyjune
13th August 2005, 01:55 AM
I'm in.

Tony.

Gwhat
13th August 2005, 05:21 PM
Hi all

With the response to date it looks very positive as far as getting a Melbourne course up and running.

We're now looking at suitable dates with Richard and searching out a suitable venue. Still working on costs as well as the venue and date impacts on these. At this stage it will definitely be a Saturday and run from 10.00am to 4 ish?

I will keep you informed.

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Paddy
13th August 2005, 06:04 PM
me 2

Auld Bassoon
13th August 2005, 07:33 PM
G'day Gwhat,

Excellent news!

I'm still very interested.

Cheers!

Gumby
13th August 2005, 07:57 PM
We're now looking at suitable dates with Richard and searching out a suitable venue.
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Holmesglen TAFE is where we have the Triton Club meetings. Good venue, large workshop and class rooms. Could be worth considering?

Grunt
13th August 2005, 08:11 PM
Make it someplace central and I'll go. The outer east foothills are not central.

Gumby
13th August 2005, 08:40 PM
Make it someplace central and I'll go. The outer east foothills are not central.

I think you'd better get a new Melways mate. Holmesglen isn't outer east ;)

Gwhat
16th August 2005, 10:24 AM
Hi all

With the response to date it looks very positive as far as getting a Melbourne course up and running.

We're now looking at suitable dates with Richard and searching out a suitable venue. Still working on costs as well as the venue and date impacts on these. At this stage it will definitely be a Saturday and run from 10.00am to 4 ish?

I will keep you informed.

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Looks as though Richard can do the course on either the 17th of September or October 1st (Saturdays).

Venue still being resolved .............as they say...... stay tuned

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Grunt
16th August 2005, 10:36 AM
I think you'd better get a new Melways mate. Holmesglen isn't outer east

Yeah, what would I know? It just sounds that way. Chadstone is inner outer east. :D

Gwhat
9th September 2005, 09:35 AM
I didn't think organising this would have been so time consuming, but it's now almost set up as follows;

Date November 12th
Time 10.00am to 4.00pm
Venue Homlmesglen TAFE, Batesford Rd, Chadston, Vic.
Cost T.B.A. now the venue is arranged we will revisit the numbers and advise the cost next week.

The main purpose of this post is to let everyone who's interested the date so they can block out that Saturday in their diaries.

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Auld Bassoon
9th September 2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks Gwhat!

Your efforts are much appreciated.

Cheers!

Tiger
9th September 2005, 05:44 PM
Interested as well. Routers are fairly broad and recognised as the most versatile woodworking tool, what areas would be covered?

Soren
11th September 2005, 03:44 PM
certainly interested as well, and 12th Nov sounds good :)

Paddy
11th September 2005, 07:24 PM
count me in.. 12th sounds good

paddy

doug1
11th September 2005, 09:38 PM
If this is arranged for sydney I would be interested
thanks

doug

Shavings
11th September 2005, 09:45 PM
I am certainly interested as well.

tonyjune
12th September 2005, 12:11 AM
I'm still in.

Tony.

Gwhat
12th September 2005, 07:34 AM
If this is arranged for sydney I would be interested
thanks

doug

Doug

We're keen on taking the concept to Sydney (and elsewhere) sometime after the Melbourne course, suggestions as to a suitable venue would be appreciated.

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Gwhat
12th September 2005, 07:55 PM
A One Day Router Course
presented by

Richard Vaughan

To quote Richard,

‘The router is a remarkably versatile woodworking tool, capable of so much more than just making grooves for shelves and moulding table edges. I have been a professional woodworker designing and making to commission for over 20 years; it’s a long time since I made a piece without significant use of the router. I now own seven of them.’

Spend a day with Richard, learning the tricks, the techniques and most importantly the safety pointers associated with this fantastic tool. Bring your camera take away ideas, jig designs and work concepts that have kept Richard Vaughan at the forefront of his profession for over 20 years.

When? Saturday 12th November 2005 - 10.00am to 4.00pm
Where? Holmesglen TAFE, Batesford Road, Chadstone, Victoria
How much? $160.00 – existing Pro Woodpeckers customers $130.00 Limited to 25 attendees
What do I get? Lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be provided as will a wealth of valuable information, to take your woodworking to the next level
How do I book? Log on to www.woodpeckers.com.au call 03 9776 1521 or fax the application on the reverse to 03 9776 0667, Pre-registration is essential, no registration on the day.

The booking form Is now up on the web-site under SPECIAL EVENTS.
Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

jchappo
12th September 2005, 08:32 PM
I would be interested if you come to Sydney.

Can't help with venue ideas though ...

John

Template Tom
12th September 2005, 09:51 PM
From my experience those who may have purchased a router I strongly recommend that you do attend a router course.

I have run such courses for a number of years here in Western Australia and I am still amazed at the number of router users who are stll not getting the full potential from their router

Tom

meerkat
17th September 2005, 04:32 PM
i'm in:)

Gwhat
14th October 2005, 10:08 AM
Some may have found difficulties booking for the 1 day Router Course via our website. The program charges $15 FOR FREIGHT on top of the course fees, we can't change the program but what we do is to simply only process Credit Cards for $130 or $160 as is applicable.

The course is filling fast so BOOK Now if you're interested, we can't accept bookings on the day (12th November).

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Gwhat
18th October 2005, 09:19 AM
G'day all,

The response to the course has been good, but..... it still hasn't filled completely, response from the WWW show was great with a lot of brochures given out.

So as to ensure Forum Members don't miss out we're happy to take a booking (and $50 deposit) for the course providing payment is finalised by November 4th.

Call us on 03 9776 1521 to book or send your details and $50 to:
Professional Woodpeckers Supplies,
PO Box 10, Patterson Lakes 3197.

If the response to Richard Vaughans demonstrations at the show is anything to go by, the benefit of attending will be enormous.

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

Bodgy
18th October 2005, 10:14 AM
Another request to run one in Sydney. Happy to book a venue if you can indicate what is required. Size, facilities etc.

Gwhat
6th November 2005, 09:15 AM
Hi All

All is set for a fantastic day next Saturday, with Richard Vaughan, and the One Day Router Course, we have a few places left, so don't miss out, we will not be running another course until mid '06 at least.
Venue: Holmesglen TAFE
Cost: $130 / $160 (existing customers / non customers)
Bookings 03 9776 1521 or www.woodpeckers.com.au.

Regards

The Woodpecker

Gwhat
15th November 2005, 01:47 PM
Another request to run one in Sydney. Happy to book a venue if you can indicate what is required. Size, facilities etc.__________________

Following the success of the Melbourne One Day Router Course last Saturday, we have found a venue and will be holding a Sydney course early in 2006.

Keep an eye on these forums fo further details.

Regards

The Woodpecker
www.woodpeckers.com.au

jchappo
15th November 2005, 07:05 PM
Another request to run one in Sydney. Happy to book a venue if you can indicate what is required. Size, facilities etc.__________________

Following the success of the Melbourne One Day Router Course last Saturday, we have found a venue and will be holding a Sydney course early in 2006.

Regards

The Woodpecker

Oh, good!

Looking forward to it ...

John

I_wanna_Shed
16th November 2005, 05:21 PM

Regards

The Woodpecker

Excellent! I can't wait! I'll be there for sure. I use my router as a hand held and in the Triton setup, using what I would call 'basic skills'. I'm always keen to pick up more knowledge on it!

Auld Bassoon
16th November 2005, 07:09 PM
Excellent! I can't wait! I'll be there for sure. I use my router as a hand held and in the Triton setup, using what I would call 'basic skills'. I'm always keen to pick up more knowledge on it!

From what I learned, Richard's skills are high indeed, both from what he makes, and his ability to impart some of that precious knowledge.

It's a "listen and learn" format - doesn't turn on a "noisy bugger", even once:D , but he certainly does pass across some very valuable lessons.

Cheers!

Gwhat
30th January 2006, 10:02 AM
Following the success of the I Day Router Course held in Melbourne we have a course planned for Sydney on Saturday March 18th 2006.

The course will be held in St Peters, and will run from 10.00am to 4.00pm with lunch and refreshments supplied. We have liimited positions available, so book early.

Richard Vaughan will present this very informative course in his unique style.

Details will be available on our Web-site shortly.
http://www.woodworksupplies.com.au/category41_1.htm

Regards

The Woodworker

redd11
31st January 2006, 07:38 AM
Hi Gwhat
I sent you 2 private msgs ,did you get them?
Cheers

Gwhat
31st January 2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Gwhat
I sent you 2 private msgs ,did you get them?
Cheers

Messages received and actioned, thanks.

The Woodworker

Furball
31st January 2006, 03:37 PM
I would be interested. Thanks

Gwhat
19th January 2008, 05:50 PM
Hi all,

Just to let all the Victorian members know, we will be doing another One Day Router Course with Richard Vaughan on Saturday March 8th.

The venue is;
Woodworking Warehouse
11 Citrus St
Braeside
9.30am to 4.00ish
Cost $125 includes Lunch, Course Notes etc.

Book online HERE (http://www.woodworksupplies.com.au/category59_1.htm)

The previous courses were very popular as are his talks at the Timber & Working with Wood Shows, Richard is a great presenter with a wealth of knowledge to share.

The Woodworker