PDA

View Full Version : Marquetry packs - free

Arron
3rd February 2015, 05:53 PM
I have put together 3 marquetry packs and am offering them on the basis of free to a good home.

Each one consists of about 40 sheets of veneer of about 30 different types. By types I mean either a species or a style of reconstituted veneer. Most of the sheets are 340 mm x 260mm ish (size of my guillotine), but about 30% are narrower sheets - just what nature provided.

Most of the sheets are linear grain - sorry, but I'm running desperately low in highly figured and dyed veneers myself. There is a bias towards English oak, black walnut, Euro beech and American cherry which I tried to avoid as they are not particulary marquetry-friendly but these are the easiest to acquire so they make up the bulk of what I have. Other timbers I notice are qld maple, Tas myrtle, harewood, white oak, bubinga, musk, sapele, red cedar, blackbutt, teak and blackwood. I have included some black dyed reconstituted veneers because these make good substitutes for ebony.

To get a pack, indicate you want one in a post below. First come first served. Then you will need to buy a tough bag from the post office (size Tb3, cost about $1.50) and write on it your address, plus add postage stamps to get 1.5kg from Sydney to your place. 1.5kg covers the weight of the veneer and a plywood stiffener. Then send the envelope to me - I will pm you my address. Of course if you have some other way of getting it, like picking up from my place in Sydney or sending by courier or prepaid satchel then thats OK too.

I think these packs are good enough to get you started in marquetry. Alternatively, you can enliven a woodworking project with a bit of inlaid banding or something.

All 0.64mm commercial veneers.

cheers
Arron

ps. that's a picture of one of the packs attached, next to the cats bowl.339010

DSEL74
3rd February 2015, 06:16 PM
Yes please

nosnow
3rd February 2015, 06:24 PM
Yes Please
I would love a pack
Cheers Rod