PDA

View Full Version : Bush Camping WA

rod1949
6th February 2015, 10:19 PM
Just thought I'd do a post to see how many members there are here in Western Australia who have a 4x4 and get out camping in out of the way locations out bush (not caravan parks)

dai sensei
6th February 2015, 11:07 PM
Depends on how far out you want to go. In the National Parks you need permits to camp, not that expensive if you go for the 12 month option, and you get 2 (you and another car - I gave my second one to my daughter). I only tried a few, mainly staying with Forumites, but some are only suitable for tents.

KBs PensNmore
7th February 2015, 12:52 AM
Found a lot of nice ones from Esperance towards Israelite Bay, all were very nice, looked like nice fishing spots, not that I'm into fishing.

rod1949
9th February 2015, 05:36 PM
Thanks fella's but I wasn't looking for camping options as I know all about them and where to go, to which the places I go there ain't no restrictions on camping. The purpose of the post was to see how many WA members are into camping.

Gezawa
9th February 2015, 11:00 PM
Hello Rod1949

i live in Esperance and we go camping inland regularly. We have some old ruins and what were earlier stock camp spots from settlers these are not camping grounds and there are no toilets or often any people. This we like.

Cheers Gerry

Pearo
9th February 2015, 11:49 PM
I will watch this thread with baited breath. I will be heading to WA soon to visit relatives, and will be looking for places to camp from the nullabor (infact from Brisbane) to meekatharra via perth before doing a u-turn back home. Will be on the motorbike and I love minimalist camping when riding. Motorbike is a Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200, and is capable of mild offroading (not as good as my DR650, but better at mile eating).

dusteater
10th February 2015, 12:08 AM
You can count us in, we have a Trayon on the back of the Hilux and one of our regular trips is to Tamala Station at Shark Bay , we might be unlucky and see a couple of people during the two weeks there.

rod1949
10th February 2015, 10:33 AM
Thats what I like to hear.

As for me since 1993 I have done numerous trips into the region north of Bullfinch ie Ennuin, Kawana, Kuykara, Mt Jackson (which has the majestic Faye Bluff) and Diemals Stations as well as Mt Manning, Helena Auora Range and Lake Barlee regions and on every trip I always discover something new. There is so much to see in all these areas. I've seen the destruction of the Windarling Range, which had a stunning array of pinnacles along its ridge which gave it unlimited eco-turisim potential, but is now all going to a hole in the ground iron ore mine. The region is close enough from Perth and remote enough not to see any other people which is magic.

This coming March long weekend I'm doing run to Diemals Station as an unreliable source has indicated that the station owner (Tony, 80 odd and as fit as a malley bull and a fabuouls bloke) has passed away. He had a few issues with authorities and when last we met he stated that he would bulldoze everything before he went. So the trip is twofold to see if he has passed and if so did he do what he said he would. If he is still with use then I'll be having a cuppa with him.

I have a Landcruiser Troopy and have recently brought a quad bike which allows further adventures thus the troopy is getting saved from staking tyres.

See ya in the bush