PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at pyrography.

imaca
9th February 2015, 09:12 AM
Hi all this is my very first attempt at carving and burning wood I used a black and decker wizard to carve it very difficult to keep control of I've now purchased an attachment for it bit like a pen on a cord should make it a little easier to handle. The burning was done with a normal soldering iron absolute nightmare I didn't know prior that special tools were available so I'm now looking into buying one of those aswell anyhows what are your thoughts on my work I'd appreciate feedback and any advice on improvement.339441339442

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arron
9th February 2015, 02:25 PM
I think its brilliant.
I've never much liked pyrography before but that works for me.
Can we see then entire piece - just curious how the image sits on the whole.
Cheers
Arron

rob streeper
9th February 2015, 03:11 PM
Hi all this is my very first attempt at carving and burning wood I used a black and decker wizard to carve it very difficult to keep control of I've now purchased an attachment for it bit like a pen on a cord should make it a little easier to handle. The burning was done with a normal soldering iron absolute nightmare I didn't know prior that special tools were available so I'm now looking into buying one of those aswell anyhows what are your thoughts on my work I'd appreciate feedback and any advice on improvement.339441339442

Great work there. Get yourself some good tools and it'll be a lot easier. Foredom flex shaft tools are great for small to medium scale power carving and the Pfiel block cutters, though expensive, are indispensable. With your artistic ability you could go far with this if you decide to do so.

Cheers,
Rob

imaca
10th February 2015, 05:39 AM
Thankyou Rob and Arron I'm certainly enjoying it