PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Rochester, NY

crb437
21st February 2015, 05:56 AM
Hi everyone,
My name is Charlie. I'm a semi-retired musical instrument builder in upstate New York. I'm venturing into cabinet/furniture making as a new hobby, mainly just for myself. My wife thinks it's about time I made some nice things for the house. Glad to be a part of this forum and look forward to swapping info with you all. Have a great day.

Christos
21st February 2015, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forum. As you already have a back ground in building things you are on the right track.

Not a great leap from making smaller things to larger things. :U

crowie
21st February 2015, 10:55 PM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Charlie".
There are quite a few members from across the USA, North America and the rest of the world.....
A good number of us have and are using time in the shed making & creating with wood as therapy as it's a very enjoyable hobby.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

PS We visited your town about 7 years ago when our daughter was in Connecticut for 18mths, drove from Buffalo to Greenwich and up to Boston in the Autumn, the colours were magnificent as we drove the minor highways ..

JJF
22nd February 2015, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the forum Charlie

Evanism
24th February 2015, 01:32 AM
Chilly place for making instruments. The 20' of snow in a week and humidity must play havoc with the wood.

We are a happy bunch :)

old1955
26th February 2015, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Charlie.