PDA

View Full Version : the plumber

the plumber
23rd March 2015, 06:55 AM
Morning All,
As the title says you are reading about a 1947 model plumber, no longer plumbing, with a strong interest in timber and what can be done with it. I'm sure I am going to find the Forum quite valuable, as we all have similar interests. I reside in Boonah, S.E. Queensland, an hour from Brisvagas (Brisbane).
No pics to show you just now, but will come up with something soon. I do have a question though:- Does anyone know where I can buy a "Router / Trimmer Holder" for use on a Symtec 1500 Wood Lathe? It is used for faceplate fluting and reeding work. I would also like a "Protractor Bar" for use with that router holder. I tried the guy in Dalby (Qld) who sells the lathes, but no holders available.

crowie
23rd March 2015, 07:22 AM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Plumber".
There are a stack of members in Brisbane and across S.E. Queensland plus the rest of the country.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork...
Cheers crowie

PS - May I suggest that you add a new thread in the turning subsection about your lathe questions to gain a wider audience and thus answers.

old1955
23rd March 2015, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the forum.

the plumber
23rd March 2015, 06:17 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Plumber".
There are a stack of members in Brisbane and across S.E. Queensland plus the rest of the country.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork...
Cheers crowie

PS - May I suggest that you add a new thread in the turning subsection about your lathe questions to gain a wider audience and thus answers.

Thank you Crowie, I appreciate your help............... the plumber

3 toed sloth
23rd March 2015, 07:33 PM
Hi Plumber, and welcome to the forum. Be careful with woodworking, it's different to plumbing, you can't bury your mistakes:D

Peter

Christos
1st April 2015, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the forum.