PDA

View Full Version : Four pens

Dalboy
29th March 2015, 06:23 AM
OK you all know I am a stranger to these parts of the forum so be gentle with me.:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

I had been asked by her indoors to make a pen for one of the granchildren whos dad is into racing and the colour of his car is Red and Black.

One is the Zeta kit and the other is a Sierra Pen Kit. He will be having the sierra kit.

Sierra pen with a pitch pine (I think) blamk I cut from an old piece of wood that was given to me.

And finally Sierra elegance with a burr chestnut blank and the voids filled with ali powder, I chose the ali to compliment the kit colour

Tangoman
29th March 2015, 06:45 AM
Dalboy,

I only wish my first attempts where as good as yours ! The Ali powder used in the last Sierra really works well!

Regards,
Cam

Dalboy
29th March 2015, 08:29 AM
Dalboy,

I only wish my first attempts where as good as yours ! The Ali powder used in the last Sierra really works well!

Regards,
Cam

These are not my first attempts, my first comment refers to the fact that I spend quite a bit of time in the toymaking section. Turning and toymaking are my first love in woodworking.

It is however the second go at using the metal powder to fill voids in wood

Ironwood
29th March 2015, 10:45 AM
I love the look of that last pen. The metal powder really sets it off.

wheelinround
29th March 2015, 02:16 PM
There goes a good toy maker ruined for sure now :;

Like them all Derek in fill looks the best:2tsup:

Christos
1st April 2015, 07:59 PM
Really nice set of pens.

Love the last one with the infill.

Dalboy
1st April 2015, 08:28 PM
Thank you all for the great comments

There goes a good toy maker ruined for sure now :;

Like them all Derek in fill looks the best:2tsup:

No not given up on toy making as I have always done turning of all kinds it goes hand in hand with toy making like making wheels or even a boiler for a train:hihi::hihi::hihi: