PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Questions re CL3 and toolposts

WaggaSteve
3rd April 2015, 06:33 PM
Not sure how many dumb questions I am allowed but I am going for some sort of limit: :U

Is there a way to lock the spindle on a Coronet 3
Same Coronet 3 and toolrest is just sloppy enough in Bango to not lock in. Is there something (eg gaffer tape) I can wrap around it to help
Having trouble removing the live centre from the tailstock - Anything necessary apart from loosening the screw in thingy at top.
Any idea what this chuck is and how it works - Looks like it is designed to have the centre round bit make the segments expand to hold stuff but I cannot understand how it can do that without the wood being in the way343811343812this is it with the central expander removed
343813This is a partial photo of a very simple and effective steady from someone else on the site. Given I am not a metal person (and not much of a wood person to be honest) any reason why the top and bottom cross members with the skate board wheels couldn't be made of wood ?
Where can I buy more rights to ask dumb questions

Steve

Dalboy
4th April 2015, 02:32 AM
Not sure how many dumb questions I am allowed but I am going for some sort of limit: :U

Is there a way to lock the spindle on a Coronet 3 If it is like the record CL3 then when you open the cover to change the speed belts on the top shaft there are two flats for a spanner
Same Coronet 3 and toolrest is just sloppy enough in Bango to not lock in. Is there something (eg gaffer tape) I can wrap around it to help Is it the correct post size on the tool rest the one for the record cl3 is 3/4"
Having trouble removing the live centre from the tailstock - Anything necessary apart from loosening the screw in thingy at top. The centre should just knock out with a bar. Again if this is like the record cl3 the headstock is the only problem as there is not a hole all the way through which means the use of a thread protector to eject that end
Where can I buy more rights to ask dumb questions This is something that comes with the territory when you took up woodturning:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Steve

Hope some of the above helps