PDA

View Full Version : Fine point fountain pen kit.

toddbron
15th April 2015, 06:47 PM
Hi,

A friend has asked me to make him a fountain pen with a fine tip. He tried a Roman Harvest fountain pen but said it wasn't fine enough.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a different kit that is finer.

Thanks.

Todd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ironwood
15th April 2015, 07:53 PM
Timberbits sells Bock nibs that can replace the stock nib in your fountain pens.

There are fine nibs in stock , though only in 5mm, the 6mm are only in stock in medium point. I think the Roman Harvest takes 6mm.

If you use a Jr. size kit it will take a 5mm nib, so you will be able to change the nib to a fine point 5mm Bock.

Treecycle
15th April 2015, 11:48 PM
Are the replacement nibs suitable for calligraphy? My wife who does a bit of this says the standard tips are no good for calligraphy.

PenTurner
18th April 2015, 12:04 AM
On occasions I have put in a standard calligraphy nib in place of the supplied pen kit nib, it has worked, only way is to try it. Amos:)

toddbron
18th April 2015, 07:56 AM
On occasions I have put in a standard calligraphy nib in place of the supplied pen kit nib, it has worked, only way is to try it. Amos:)

Hi,

Where would you get a standard calligraphy nib.

Todd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gawdelpus
18th April 2015, 09:57 PM
Hi, Where would you get a standard calligraphy nib. Todd Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD You could try the local "el-cheapo" shops or sometimes called dollar shops . I have found full sets for a few dollars with various nibs , worth a try :) cheers ~ John

PenTurner
19th April 2015, 12:01 AM
What John said above, usually they sell very cheaply in sets, I think if someone is really into Calligraphy, you would need to make a SET of pens from the same kit and put a different nib in each, saves having to change nibs. Amos:):2tsup: