PDA

View Full Version : 100 Years of ANZAC

MBUMIK
25th April 2015, 12:07 AM
i found a couple of Hat/Lapel pins at the RSL last night... the brain went into overdrive

Personal Challenge - From Pin to Pen in less than 24 hours, i wanted to donate them to the Sale RSL to be used as a raffle prize

Start Time - Thursday 10:30pm
Blanks made before bed, up early to get them in the mold and the resin poured before work, turned after work
Delivery Time - Friday 7:30pm

Cigar - Platinum/Blk Ti
Aussie Siera Executive, i had to go with the kangaroos around the center band

i had a slight problem with the Siera, i broke through the resin and touched the metal badge so there is a shiny spot
going forward i will have more time to thin the badges a little more, i knew it would be touch and go, but i was expecting more problems with the Cigar, that badge is THICK

Thanks for looking

C&C Welcome

MIK

"At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them ... Lest we forget"

fxst
25th April 2015, 01:12 AM
Wonderful work. Should make the winners of them proud :2tsup:
Pete

MBUMIK
25th April 2015, 08:05 AM
Wonderful work. Should make the winners of them proud :2tsup:
Pete

Thanks Pete

i have just been to the Dawn Service here in Sale, WOW what a turn out

My Daughter is in the March at 10:30 with the Air Force Cadets, i hope the whole of Sale lines the streets

dai sensei
25th April 2015, 10:39 AM
Fantastic mate, the owners will be proud.

Great crowds up this way too as expected.

Ari2
25th April 2015, 11:28 AM
Nice work:2tsup:

MBUMIK
25th April 2015, 06:48 PM
thanks guys

there were plenty of people along the street for the parade, a fair number left without going to the service, at a guess i feel there was a very similar amount of people in attendance as at the Dawn Service

a man pulled me up in the street just prior to the parade, thanking me very much for the donation of the pens and to let me know that they would indeed be raffling them off today, i am yet to here how much they may have raised, hopefully they got a good result

MIK

Simomatra
28th April 2015, 09:50 AM
Excellent work they are extremely good. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: I have a couple of those hats

LeoGunner
28th April 2015, 01:44 PM
Great work Mik! Hope they were able to raise lots of funds!

I popped up to Gympie to march with a mate of mine who I served with. Amazing service - both the Dawn service and the march down the street at 10:30 were packed. Incredibly humbling to see so many people out to show their support, both young and old.

Also won some $$$ off my mates at 2-up - happy days :2tsup:

MBUMIK
1st May 2015, 12:37 AM
thanks guys, i just heard tonight from the RSL .. they made over $600 from the raffle, thats awesome for an on the spot raffle, they actually advertised that they wouldn't have their normal Saturday raffle ... i believe that the 2 recipients were over the moon

dai sensei
1st May 2015, 11:27 AM
:2tsup:

Simomatra
1st May 2015, 01:02 PM
Well done Mik thats great news, you have done a marvellous ting :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: