PDA

View Full Version : Studley 2436 Darksidedness

zenwood
17th July 2005, 07:17 PM
Studley 2436 may be in the process of a plane epiphany. Or succumbing to the powers of the dark side...

We had a shed meet to see what happens when tallowwood and that pink stuff collides with a plane. We made shavings and lots of plans.

Studley 2436
17th July 2005, 08:55 PM
Actually it was a buzz to see just what Lie Nielsen planes are like. Just sensational. The Stanley no7 too was pretty amazing, but that was an American plane with a certain amount of fettling applied. My Bailey no4 well looks like rubbish in comparison, even though I have been trying and trying to get it right.

The picture is of the timber we planed. Cut it in two 900mm pieces and off we went. Amazing stuff. Anyone who knows what the timber is I would love to know. It is part of E.Maculatas mystery pack.

Studley

zenwood
17th July 2005, 09:19 PM
The Stanley no7 too was pretty amazing, but that was an American plane with a certain amount of fettling applied. I think that would be the Stanley (bedrock) no 5, with a LV blade. Almost up there with the big boys.

Harry72
17th July 2005, 10:45 PM
Studley should change the name to Ol'blue eyes!

Studley 2436
18th July 2005, 01:07 PM
But then I would lose all my reputation points

Studley

Harry72
18th July 2005, 11:23 PM
Ask he may be able to help ya Blue'eyez!

I reckon if we got together at the WWshow people would think we are brothers... im blue eyed and blonde too, you'd be the older one there... Gramps!

Studley 2436
19th July 2005, 12:59 AM
Getting together at the WWW sounds good. Zenwood is going on friday because he has a public service job. Seeing I work for a living I was thinking of going on sunday.

Let me know when you are there Harry we can go and make trouble together

Studley

Harry72
19th July 2005, 10:28 PM
Yep I'll be there on sunday, was working nightshift sat night but got a swap for that night, now I knock off for roster on sat morning(5 days off!). I have to be there on sunday to pick up some little tools I've ordered... gunna be like a kid in a candy store with money burnin hole in pocket!
I'll give ya a bell a couple days before.