PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Big Sky County Montana

BigSkyBob
2nd May 2015, 09:31 AM
Hello, my name is Bob Vinton and I live in Great Falls Montana, I am currently getting back into woodworking, I was one of the founding members of the Montana Woodcarvers Association started back in 1990. But developed problems with my hands after 20 years of furniture and car upholstery, so wasn't able to continue carving. Have started back up carving birds and I'm just starting a Glen-L Gentry Mahogany Runabout Boat (19 Feet). I'm going old school on this one and using a 1970 Oldsmobile 455 Cubic inch motor. I also do a great deal of metal work both forge and welding.
Thank for having me.
Bob Vinton

old1955
2nd May 2015, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Bob.

JJF
3rd May 2015, 06:45 AM
welcome aboard

crowie
3rd May 2015, 09:59 AM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Bob".
There are quite a few members from across the USA, North America and the rest of the world.....
A good number of us have and are using time in the shed making & creating with wood as therapy as it's a very enjoyable hobby.
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

Keep warm up close to the Canada border.....too cool for me.

Christos
4th May 2015, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Nanigai
4th May 2015, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the forums Bob, hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Cheers, Ian

Luke Maddux
4th May 2015, 11:25 PM
Glad to have you, Bob. I'm from Nashville, TN and I used to live in Laramie, WY. Not exactly right around the corner, but by Mountain West standards it's pretty close I suppose.

I moved to Australia three years ago and I've been on the forums for about a year, so if you need me to translate any Aussie-isms don't hesitate to ask! :D

Cheers,
Luke

Greg Hall
5th May 2015, 05:19 PM
Hi Bob, welcome to the Forum.
The depth of knowledge here is outstanding, and people are only too happy to offer constructive advice.
Our youngest daughter spent a year in Great Falls when she was 14, and went to CMR High. She had a fantastic year, and by the photos she brought home, you live in a very beautiful part of the world.:o
Look forward to seeing some of the fruits of your labor.
Cheers,
Greg.