PDA

View Full Version : Australian Animals Quilt

cathiequilter
20th May 2015, 06:26 PM
Hello,

I have started a new quilt. This one is Australian animals. I have used the book Australian Patchwork - by Margaret Rolfe which has examples of Australian animals and birds.

By for now

Cathie

crowie
20th May 2015, 07:39 PM
Now Cathie, This one everyone will like.....Cheers, Peter

Bronferr
3rd June 2015, 07:36 PM
Hi Cathie and other quilters,
I've been in the US with my husband for a month travelling around Oregon and Washington states. Really beautiful area, volcanoes (mt St Helens, mt Hood etc), pine forests and rugged coastlines. And yes, a few quilt stores were visited including the reknown store in Sisters, Oregon.
Back on topic, Cathie, I have this Margaret Rolfe book and have made three or four little A4 size quilts as gifts for overseas friends. Here are a couple of pix. Great fun to make, really enjoyed it. I sent a pix to Margaret herself and she was tickled pink to see them. Sorry, first one not applicable. I love the kookaburra pix with the bird, the quilt and the maker.

Cheers to you all,
Bronnie348960348959348961348962

Hello,

I have started a new quilt. This one is Australian animals. I have used the book Australian Patchwork - by Margaret Rolfe which has examples of Australian animals and birds.

By for now

Cathie

cathiequilter
8th June 2015, 06:33 PM
Hello all,

A while since I have been on the Forum. Looking after grandson etc.

Here is another photo of some of the panels I am working on. Getting there.

Bye for now

Cathie

Bronferr
8th June 2015, 08:25 PM
that's looking good Cathie!
Did you see my pix in the last post?
Cheers
Bronnie

Hello all,

A while since I have been on the Forum. Looking after grandson etc.

Here is another photo of some of the panels I am working on. Getting there.

Bye for now

Cathie

Keith_1
9th June 2015, 09:40 AM
Hi Bron,

Yes Cathie really liked the work you do. How did you get the kookaburra to pose with your kookaburra. It looks great.

I do most of the computer typing for Cathie (she is standing over my shoulder)

Take care

Regards

Keith and Cathie

Bronferr
9th June 2015, 12:50 PM
Hi Cathie & Keith the Secretary!

Yes, it was the funniest thing about the kookaburra. I was showing the little quilts to someone on the deck and with that, the kooka landed and I couldn't resist the photo shoot. He seems to be opining that the quilt is a reasonable likeness don't you think?
The kookas are quite friendly, particularly when I bbq some pork - they are then a bit ferocious zooming in.

Cheers
Bron

Hi Bron,

Yes Cathie really liked the work you do. How did you get the kookaburra to pose with your kookaburra. It looks great.

I do most of the computer typing for Cathie (she is standing over my shoulder)

Take care

Regards

Keith and Cathie

Keith_1
11th June 2015, 10:22 AM
Madam President Cathie says -

"Yes it is a good likeness. We don't have kookaburras but we have lots of magpies visit"

Regards

Cathie (and her Secretary)

(Cathie hates Computers)

cathiequilter
17th June 2015, 05:59 PM
Hello All,

Between looking after our grandson and other duties I have managed to get a bit of work done on the quilt. Nearly finished all the applique.

Attached is photo

Bye for now

Cathie

Bronferr
17th June 2015, 06:05 PM
That's beautiful Cathie, it is going to look great finished. Bronnie

Hello All,

Between looking after our grandson and other duties I have managed to get a bit of work done on the quilt. Nearly finished all the applique.

Attached is photo

Bye for now

Cathie

crowie
17th June 2015, 06:38 PM
That's beautiful Cathie, it is going to look great finished. Bronnie

Yes, have to agree.........

cathiequilter
24th June 2015, 05:51 PM
Hi All

My animal quilt is now complete.

Photo below

All the Best

Cathie

crowie
24th June 2015, 06:47 PM
Hi All

Photo below

All the Best

Cathie

Very nicely done Cathy....
Who's the lucky recipient?
It'd be work a heap in Helsinki with all the European gymnastics, I'm told they go mad over koala & kangaroo things so your quilt would been the bees knees...
Cheers, Peter

cathiequilter
24th June 2015, 07:56 PM
Thankyou Peter,

Son - In - Law found the book at a carboot sale - so he gets the quilt.

Good luck in Helsinki

Best Regards

Cathie

Bronferr
24th June 2015, 11:37 PM
Absolutely lovely Cathie! Well done!
Just out of interest, have you tried doing any free motion quilting? It could be nice to do some on the pale blue borders. Not saying it is necessary as such.....
Cheers
Bronnie

Photo below

All the Best

Cathie

350877[/QUOTE]

cathiequilter
5th July 2015, 05:02 PM
Absolutely lovely Cathie! Well done!
Just out of interest, have you tried doing any free motion quilting? It could be nice to do some on the pale blue borders. Not saying it is necessary as such.....
Cheers
Bronnie

Photo below

All the Best

Cathie

350877[/QUOTE]

Hi Bronnie,

No haven't tried it as I haven't learnt how to do it. Sorry so long getting back to you.

As a variation on a theme - I have started (and nearly finished) a small quilt. I am making these for our church and we will give them away as Christmas presents to those in need.

Enjoy doing the Australian animals, photo attached.

Bye for now

Cathie

Bronferr
5th July 2015, 09:06 PM
Oh, that is just lovely. What a lovely design.
One day you should take a class at your local quilt shop to do free motion quilting -it is such fun, and strangely enough, more accommodating to quilting mishaps whilst one is learning. Now, where do you live again? Is it Melbourne?

Nearly finished quilting a quilt myself, another couple of days should do it. Will post pix later.

Have a great week
Bronnie

Hi Bronnie,

No haven't tried it as I haven't learnt how to do it. Sorry so long getting back to you.

As a variation on a theme - I have started (and nearly finished) a small quilt. I am making these for our church and we will give them away as Christmas presents to those in need.

Enjoy doing the Australian animals, photo attached.

Bye for now

Cathie

351645[/QUOTE]

Ari2
6th July 2015, 09:35 AM
Hello,

By for now

Cathie

Oh no...I showed this to my wife. Now I have to buy her the book; which really puts the pressure on as I had promised to make her a pair of matching bookcases. The bookcases are a WIP, paused at the moment, due to a design modification....

Keith_1
8th July 2015, 02:25 PM
Oh no...I showed this to my wife. Now I have to buy her the book; which really puts the pressure on as I had promised to make her a pair of matching bookcases. The bookcases are a WIP, paused at the moment, due to a design modification....

Ari,

That's good - not about the pressure - but your wife keen to get into the quilting and then you don't feel so guilty about getting out in the shed. Brownie points for the bookcases should last for a while. Works for me. (I'm into model making in the toy section) Do you have a thread on the bookcase build ? I won't show Cathie this reply.:no:

Regards

Keith