PDA

View Full Version : Mouse traps

HUON
21st May 2015, 04:21 PM
Check out my mobile mouse trap, only the second one I've seen on our property. We get mostly Browns and Red Belly Blacks here

KBs PensNmore
21st May 2015, 04:39 PM
You can KEEP that mouser on your property, thank you.:oo:
Kryn

_fly_
21st May 2015, 05:02 PM
he'd look better in a pen.

HUON
21st May 2015, 06:41 PM
When I pulled the striped terrier out of a pit (keel pit) I thought it was a brown , then no Browns don't have stripes. So methinks my friend is a brown coloured tiger snake. Such beautiful creatures and so courageous when confronted with/by much larger creatures.

issatree
21st May 2015, 09:14 PM
Yes, I reckon they look good hanging over a Farmers Fence.
Sorry, but I hate Snakes.

dusteater
21st May 2015, 11:29 PM
The beginning of this summer while wondering over to the wood pile I witnessed one of the most amazing and exhilarating sights I`ve seen. A pair of 2 metre Dugites mating , the bottom 1 metre was curled around like a piece of licorice and the top metre was up in the air doing a hypnotic snake dance , by the time I put my jaw back in place and my eyes back in their sockets and decided to run back for a camera they had decided enough was enough, so I missed the pics , maybe next year. I did see one of them a couple of days later , it`s good here the small birds , Wrens , Honey Eaters etc will let you know if there are any snakes or goannas around . Although we did have one in the loungeroom one year :o

Glenn.Visca
22nd May 2015, 12:02 AM
Friend of mine had a snake at hom in a box as a pet ... It's name was "FLUFFY" ... Makes me chuckle every time I think about it.

HUON
22nd May 2015, 06:10 PM
I'm with you dusteater, I love our wildlife, including reptiles, and yes we also keep an ear pointed towards the small birds and their warning calls.
When we had goannas roaming through our property I used to hand feed them the excess eggs, quite an experience when you consider the power in those jaws. I never once felt threatened nor obviously did the goanna

dusteater
22nd May 2015, 09:34 PM
I'm with you dusteater, I love our wildlife, including reptiles, and yes we also keep an ear pointed towards the small birds and their warning calls.
When we had goannas roaming through our property I used to hand feed them the excess eggs, quite an experience when you consider the power in those jaws. I never once felt threatened nor obviously did the goanna

When the Goannas take the large frogs that live around the house they let out a loud pitiful cry [the frogs that is] and when the wife hears it she is straight on to me to save the frog . After putting a pair of undies on over my jeans I`m out there to do my best :B,even though I know that nature should take its course , but hey any brownie points scored with the missus is a bird in the hand :U
I`ve managed to save a couple but each time the Goanna is not scared of me and circles me a few feet away saying "what the F*** did you do that for ? "

HUON
23rd May 2015, 11:09 PM
so give him or her some eggs as compensation, the goanna not swambo

jhovel
23rd May 2015, 11:50 PM
Yes, I reckon they look good hanging over a Farmers Fence.
Sorry, but I hate Snakes.

They are very beautiful creatures. My grandkids think so too.