PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new Vacuum cleaner

RufflyRustic
21st July 2005, 02:34 PM
Had to go buy a new vacuum cleaner the other week. Off to Godfrey's I went, looked at everything, listened to the salespitch, watched the demonstrations and still couldn't decide. Wandered into the industrial section and fell in love with the vacuum cleaner to which you attach your powertools for auto-on/off of the dust extraction.:D

Had to keep reminding myself that we needed a v-cleaner for the house, not for my woodwork (just yet) :(

Needless to say I walked out without buying anything.

Reported back to HWMBO who looked sideways at me and didn't say much.

A few days later he sends me down to Retravision to by a vax - problem solved, he picked. Another problem solved, it's his cleaner and he uses it :D YAY!!!! :D :D Pinch me, am I dreaming?

cheers
RufflyRustic

Kev Y.
21st July 2005, 04:10 PM
Dont tell me he's getting in touch with his feminine side :eek: :eek:

Ivor
21st July 2005, 06:35 PM
I still don't understand? what's wrong with using the household vac in the shed? SWMBO got really, really, really, (I mean) REALLY!! cranky when I was sucking sawdust/savings into the vac. I even put it back in the cupboard. Then there was the calculator but I won't go into that....

Gumby
21st July 2005, 06:38 PM
Vacuums are used inside the house now ? I must have missed that, better tell Mrs G :D

doug the slug
21st July 2005, 09:31 PM
Then there was the calculator but I won't go into that....
Do we need to start a new thread for the calculator, Ivor???

Tikki
21st July 2005, 10:01 PM
Another problem solved, it's his cleaner and he uses it :D YAY!!!! :D :D
Good one RR! :D :D
Don't forget to transfer the duty to his job description ;)

Cheers
Tikki :)

Ian007
21st July 2005, 11:07 PM
and this is in the jokes section because..........?

or have i missed something?

RufflyRustic
22nd July 2005, 05:18 PM
Feminie side? not likey! It's the keep-SWMBO-happy-as-she-doesn't-have-a-shed-yet I think.

Ian007 - No offense taken. It's in the jokes section, because I'm female and should be quite capable of buying a vacuum cleaner for the house and it's a lovely play on "roles" that HWMNBO picked it, bought it and uses it, not me. Oh, and it's a true happening. :D

cheers
RufflyRustic

Ian007
22nd July 2005, 08:13 PM
Feminie side? not likey! It's the keep-SWMBO-happy-as-she-doesn't-have-a-shed-yet I think.

Ian007 - No offense taken. It's in the jokes section, because I'm female and should be quite capable of buying a vacuum cleaner for the house and it's a lovely play on "roles" that HWMNBO picked it, bought it and uses it, not me. Oh, and it's a true happening. :D

cheers
RufflyRustic

Fair enough

Iain
22nd July 2005, 08:20 PM
And 50 married men arrived at the pearly gates, St Peter greeted them and said 'right, all of you who are henpecked go over there' 49 wandered over, St Peter addressed the solitary male and said 'why do you think you are not henpecked?', 'because she said I wasn't' he responded.
And another thing, sorry, can't stop now, she's calling...................

Auld Bassoon
22nd July 2005, 08:23 PM

cheers
RufflyRustic
I don't know if this will make any sense at all in an Australian context, but..
'"Boooiiinnnnggg" said Zebedee, Oh! Pi$$ off said Florence"'

In short, this femini... Aaaarrrghh (Girl (ex)Friend just grabbed my throathttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon8.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif))

RR: No offense http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon12.gif

It's just that altogether far too much "male bashing" take place hereabouts to (i.e. Oz) put up with...http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon11.gif

Cheers!

PS I'm now donning my flameproof trouser armourhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Kev Y.
23rd July 2005, 09:08 AM
I don't know if this will make any sense at all in an Australian context, but..
'"Boooiiinnnnggg" said Zebedee, Oh! Pi$$ off said Florence"'

Yes Dougal.. I know what your on about, get off of your magic round-a-bout and do some work
:)

Iain
23rd July 2005, 10:14 AM
Yes Dougal.. I know what your on about, get off of your magic round-a-bout and do some work
:)
Which end of Dougal is front and which is back?
Or do we adopt the Billy Connolly approach and drop a dog biccy so when one goes down you know which end to kick.
And what does an animated dog have to do with RR or vacuum cleaners for that matter?
Times for pancakes (fully clothed) and coffee I think.

speedy
23rd July 2005, 10:27 AM
It's just that altogether far too much "male bashing" take place hereabouts to (i.e. Oz) put up with...http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon11.gif

The reason for so much "male bashing" is ...............................men deserve it!

:D

Ashore
23rd July 2005, 04:23 PM
Reported back to HWMBO who looked sideways at me and didn't say much.

A few days later he sends me down to Retravision to by a vax - problem solved, he picked.

Good choice I got one 6 years ago to do the roof cavity before I put the attic ladder in did a great job got well over a ton of dust ,dirt etc........ and then moved it to the shed where its in use as the main dust collector, never missed a beat and I still do the rugs occasionally with the wet shampoo attachment
HWMBO not only made a good choice but he solved the problem he " went to the store , picked out a suitable product and made the Decision"
Didn't do the SHMBO will I wont I does it come in any outer colours etc...etc...

And for this men get bashed ???
As my dear old dad said " the longer you know one the less you can understand any of them"

The trouble with life is there's no background music.