PDA

View Full Version : Time to clown around

Dalboy
19th June 2015, 06:45 AM
I had some time on my hands so I thought I would clown around.

Made from bits and pieces that I had laying around (I don’t throw anything away)

It is 12” tall. Wood used Ash, Holly, Sapele, Oak the others I am not sure about.

Rod Gilbert
19th June 2015, 08:51 AM
Hi Dalboy,
I like this very much a great use of leftovers a inspiration to us all.
Regards Rod.

Christos
19th June 2015, 01:47 PM
A really nice concept of using scrap pieces. How long did it take to make? Was it done in one go or over a period of several days?

Dalboy
19th June 2015, 06:25 PM
Thank you both.

A really nice concept of using scrap pieces. How long did it take to make? Was it done in one go or over a period of several days?

It made a change from turning the scrapes into light pulls and the like. I made it over two days what with turning glueing and varnishing.

Rod Gilbert
19th June 2015, 06:46 PM
Yes a lot better than a light pull:D.
Regards Rod.

crowie
19th June 2015, 07:13 PM
You can't clown around on a lathe Derek....nicely done sir...Cheers, Peter

Keith_1
20th June 2015, 09:09 AM
That's fantastic Derek.:U

Where do you come up with your ideas.

I don't know whether you have seen the Australian movie - "The Castle" but one of the sayings of the father in the show is "You are a real ideas man". That you are - well done !!! :clap3:

Regards

Keith

Dalboy
22nd June 2015, 06:12 AM
Thank you again guys. Keith some ideas I borrow from others but change things and hopefully make them a little better, other designs I get from things around me like the shape of plants and even structures depending on what I am making. I have just found something to make another toy.

DaveTTC
22nd June 2015, 07:43 AM
Love it dalboy

Dave TTC
Turning Wood Into Art

Dalboy
22nd June 2015, 10:39 AM
Love it dalboy

Dave TTC
Turning Wood Into Art

Thank you Dave

Keith_1
23rd June 2015, 08:25 PM
Thank you again guys. Keith some ideas I borrow from others but change things and hopefully make them a little better, other designs I get from things around me like the shape of plants and even structures depending on what I am making. I have just found something to make another toy.

What is it Derek ?:)(

Can't wait to see

Keith

artful bodger
23rd June 2015, 08:36 PM
Looks great! and fantastic to see a new idea put into a design.:brava