20th June 2015, 01:29 PM
Couple of pens, both Aromatic Red Cedar plus
one Silky Oak and another Cypress Pine needle
case for your perusal.

Comments welcome!

Allan

Treecycle
20th June 2015, 02:37 PM
Nice little batch there Allan. I'm sure the ladies will like the Aromatic Red Cedar.

Ironwood
20th June 2015, 03:58 PM
Nice work Allan. Nice colour in that Cedar.
Do you have to leave it without a finish to keep it aromatic ?

Les in Red Deer
21st June 2015, 02:27 AM
Nicely done Allan.
What did you put in the bottom of the needle cases to keep from dulling the needle points?

Les

Allan at Wallan
21st June 2015, 12:57 PM
The chaps in our woodturning club pleaded with me to remove the piece of Aromatic Red Cedar from the clubrooms when I brought it in. The smell was really offensive and quite overpowering. Having dried it and used uBeaut Shellawax as the polish the smell is no longer evident.

Les - I use a 6mm x 3mm rare earth magnet, glue a small disc of wood on top of it,
then glue a disc of rubber on top of that. I then press them into the cap before
assembling. In that way the needles are not attracted to the magnet and the needlepoints are protected. They do not take up much room within the cap.

It is a little messy but well worth the while as they are proving to be my best seller at our club exhibitions/sales. Local embroidery groups are now showing interest and, as I am now finding out, fellow club members are getting in on the act.

Allan