PDA

View Full Version : Pallet Challenge 2015 - Show Your Support

Christos
1st July 2015, 05:46 PM
The pallet challenge for 2015 entry closing date is on the 19th of July.

According to the replies within the thread here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=194117) the following members will be submitting an entry.

wireliner
fletty
labr@
Pirate323i
fields
Canoath
shanesmith80
Toymaker Len
Eowyn
Rod T
RoyG
asheddie
Fuzzie
Evanism
MrPete
Xcruiser
Tritonitis
mickgallagher

That's a total of 18 people who have put up their hand to have a go at creating something from a pallet.

During the 2000 Para Olympics I was fortunate enough to attend the closing ceremony. One of the last events was the long distance race. One thing that I noticed and not that uncommon in Australia is when the person coming in first was cheered loudly it also occurred just as loudly when the person coming in last.

So that being said, I would like to invite the members of the forum to show your support by replying to this thread encouraging these competitors in completing their projects.

:trumpet: :hpydans2:

AlexS
1st July 2015, 06:22 PM
Go for it, fellers!

wheelinround
3rd July 2015, 12:40 PM
Grabbed a few moments while grandsons are at the park with Nana heard there was a Pallet Challenge in progress.

Looking at the list of names seems a great line up of minds and skills so the results should be stunning.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I feel for the guys doing it though their age slows em down some, those still employed meaning they only get what free time they have after doing chores, family etc.
Those with family commitments such as sport, the school holidays and caring for grand kids. Holiday time with the kid etc I hope its to a warmer climate.:;

Its winter which means Snow season which means it bloody cold out in the shed (mine is 8C until late afternoon for about 15mins) and so is all the tools and machines. A greater time for injury as skin tears so be careful gents and ladies. Remember if your head doesn't feel like getting out of bed neither should it feel like entering a shed.

Chesand
3rd July 2015, 02:48 PM
Good luck everyone. :2tsup:

Chief Tiff
4th July 2015, 09:18 AM
Go for it fellas, show us what you can do :2tsup:

Procrastination has kept me out of this year's challenge but I'm determined that next year I'm in... or at least to come up with a less shameful excuse.:-

Sebastiaan56
4th July 2015, 07:11 PM
I'm not playing this time but previously this challenge has taught me heaps, go for it peeps!

ian
4th July 2015, 09:48 PM
looking forward to seeing the results

Christos
9th July 2015, 07:10 PM
Less than 10 days before the deadline is reached.

shanesmith80
9th July 2015, 09:14 PM
Less than 10 days before the deadline is reached.

ARRGH. :no::gaah::aargh:

Sawdust Maker
9th July 2015, 09:28 PM
may the best pallet dismantler win

rwbuild
9th July 2015, 09:47 PM
Ok fellas, let the creative juices flow

labr@
10th July 2015, 10:48 AM
ARRGH. :no::gaah::aargh:

Only 9 days now - so stop wasting time on the internet and get back to work! :whip:

wheelinround
14th July 2015, 08:40 AM
The weekend is nigh so is the Pallet Challenge completion date come Monday Christos will have ALL the photos up so we can see judging done and winner announced by Wednesday.

Just 5 Days to go chaps

labr@
14th July 2015, 11:04 PM
so we can see judging done and winner announced by Wednesday.

Whoa there fella!

The competition judging post says "The poll will be open from the day the photo thread is up and will close at 6pm on Thursday, 30th of July 2015." so we'll have to wait a bit longer than that.

We'll all have no fingernails left by then :U.

wheelinround
15th July 2015, 12:15 AM
Whoa there fella!

The competition judging post says "The poll will be open from the day the photo thread is up and will close at 6pm on Thursday, 30th of July 2015." so we'll have to wait a bit longer than that.

We'll all have no fingernails left by then :U.

Oh what we gotta wait that long :;

Besides Christos has nothing better to do :q

Christos
16th July 2015, 03:48 PM
I have been away from a computer in the last few days but managed to get online yesterday and I can confirm that there are some entries already received.

Just a reminder that the closing date of the competition is the 19th and the photos have to be send to the email that I provided.

Even if you do not get a chance to finish by the 19th please send in what you have done as it is after all something that might inspire someone else in the future.

Sawdust Maker
16th July 2015, 08:19 PM
c'mon people we are waiting for the exquisite woodwork that you have very nearly finished - the finish line is just ahead :2tsup:

wheelinround
17th July 2015, 03:46 PM
Well we is there and for future reference here's a few ideas. http://www.99pallets.com/

Christos
20th July 2015, 01:52 PM
Just to update everyone, the entry of the competition of the pallet challenge for 2015 has ended and the emails that I received yesterday are now closed.

I will be creating the thread for voting and it should be available sometime on the 21st of July.

wheelinround
20th July 2015, 03:21 PM
Just to update everyone, the entry of the competition of the pallet challenge for 2015 has ended and the emails that I received yesterday are now closed.

I will be creating the thread for voting and it should be available sometime on the 21st of July.

21st July maybe but what year??:q

Christos
20th July 2015, 03:53 PM
21st July maybe but what year??:q

Cheeky. :U

Christos
21st July 2015, 04:35 PM
Voting for the members is now open for the 2015 Pallet Challenge.

There are two parts to this year challenge please cast one vote for each thread.

Pallet Challenge 2015 (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=196856)

Most Creative Use Of A Pallet (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=196892)

Christos
24th July 2015, 07:07 PM
Yes I am promoting but also reminding members that voting will close on the 31st of July.

So if you have not done so as yet please take a look at the Woodworker Challenges sub-forum and cast your vote.

and the

Most Creative Use Of A Pallet (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=196892)

Fuzzie
24th July 2015, 09:38 PM
Hmm, the voting thread has 389 views and just 19 votes. :cool:

Most viewers don't like any of them?

AlexS
25th July 2015, 09:42 AM
C'mon people, these makers have been game to 'put up or shut up', show your support by voting for your favourites.

Sawdust Maker
25th July 2015, 10:18 AM
voting's easy, making up your mind isn't

rusel
25th July 2015, 11:24 AM
If you are looking then vote ,, feedback is a wonderful thing,,,,

labr@
25th July 2015, 02:19 PM
Hmm, the voting thread has 389 views and just 19 votes. :cool:

Most viewers don't like any of them?

I suspect that a lot of those views are from the entrants checking to see if there's been a rush of votes. Things started slowly in previous years too and then picked up.

Interestingly, at about the time Fuzzie noticed those 389 views there were over 1000 members who had logged in since voting opened. It appears that most people aren't even looking and there could be numerous reasons for this. For instance, many of us have specific areas of interest within the forum and only look elsewhere when we have ample time.

We still have 6 days left so hopefully it will be nearer 100 by then.

wheelinround
25th July 2015, 02:41 PM
I suspect that a lot of those views are from the entrants checking to see if there's been a rush of votes. Things started slowly in previous years too and then picked up.

Interestingly, at about the time Fuzzie noticed those 389 views there were over 1000 members who had logged in since voting opened. It appears that most people aren't even looking and there could be numerous reasons for this. For instance, many of us have specific areas of interest within the forum and only look elsewhere when we have ample time.

We still have 6 days left so hopefully it will be nearer 100 by then.

:2tsup:
I think the thing is threads get buried and with the size of forum and number of posts it take time for people to spot things.

Along with work, family, grand parental duties own shed time and own projects time is short.

NOT everyone get time to sit at work and while away the hours on the forum............:p:;

Fuzzie
25th July 2015, 04:23 PM
Perhaps the mods could add a banner to the forums like the countdown to the WW shows to prompt members to vote?

Christos
26th July 2015, 10:01 AM
.....NOT everyone get time to sit at work and while away the hours on the forum............:p:;

That's meeeeeeee

Almost.....:U

Christos
3rd August 2015, 10:48 AM
The thread for the pallet challenge has been updated with the final results.