PDA

View Full Version : EMCO Compact 8

Stustoys
10th July 2015, 09:57 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have a pdf manual for an EMCO Compact 8?(in English, not German).
A mate will be picking up the lathe shortly but no manual.
I believe its about 100 pages so might have something useful for him in it.

Thanks

Stuart

PDW
10th July 2015, 11:04 PM
My FIL has a Compact 8, likely he has the paper manual. However, given the magpie habits of that side of the family, I'm not hopeful that he could *find* it - possibly not even the lathe - in his garage.

But if nobody else comes up with one, I'll ask....

PDW

cba_melbourne
10th July 2015, 11:26 PM
What about the Frech version?
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=547FE296ECFD561F!319&cid=547fe296ecfd561f&app=Pdf

Seriously, I have not come across a free C8 user manual copy in the past 15 years. There are people around selling fotocopied English C8 user manuals for 30-40$. The German, French and Spanish versions can all be downloaded online for free.

But you can download the manual for a Taiwan made copy of the Compact 8 sold in America by ENCO (not EMCO, this is the US dealer ENCO) 8x18 here:
https://xa.yimg.com/df/8x18_Lathe/Enco+110+0818+Owners+Manual.pdf?token=v-XWIrkgXY7VKwxRWT_uyNEiiP3XvJ6I_RBgej42VvN6rDkXI3nI9icO7kG9E-bjieLFYwCokHsAB_MLCqITy3NIx2sawwwuvjZ0KOoT1hX0kl9piCsBh_1yGxT-7q1RKF4SzkHEzWy6Uk72Vdc64siquQ0xGEdOAx05JA&type=download

It looks like the Taiwanese did copy a genuine EMCO manual and just added their own cover page! You cannot complain, its free....
Just be aware this manual is for the imperial version, the metric manual is different....

Stustoys
11th July 2015, 12:29 AM
Thank you gentlemen.

The Enco manual should get him started. I don't believe the lathe has the milling attachment.

Sadly my(as I'm pretty sure my mates)French is as good as my German. lol Though pictures we can do.

As yet I don't know if its metric or Imp.

Stuart

thorens
11th July 2015, 06:36 PM
Thank you gentlemen.

The Enco manual should get him started. I don't believe the lathe has the milling attachment.

Sadly my(as I'm pretty sure my mates)French is as good as my German. lol Though pictures we can do.

As yet I don't know if its metric or Imp.

Stuart

Hi Stuart.
I do have the english manual for mine so your mate welcome to come and get the copy of them.
PM me any time
Peter

Stustoys
11th July 2015, 09:23 PM
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the offer. I'll let him know. Once he has the machine maybe the above pdf will do him. If not I'll take you up on your offer.

Stuart