PDA

View Full Version : 5 micron DC bags ?

la Huerta
24th July 2005, 10:40 PM
who has a 5 micron needle felt filter bags for the dust collectors, as sold by carbatech,$99. do they get gloged with dust and start dispersing it into the workshop on start up like the old ones did ?

la Huerta
25th July 2005, 10:42 AM
are there any better bags available from anywhere else,i know the cartridge filters are good but a little pricey... 0.5 microns is recomended by Bill

bitingmidge
25th July 2005, 10:59 AM
For an extra $150, I wouldn't hesitate to get a filter. I haven't seen anything to indicate that a bag can deliver consistent results.

Cheers,

P

Grunt
25th July 2005, 12:11 PM
According to Bill Pentz, a 5 micron bag has to be so clogged with dust before it will stop the 5 micron dust getting out that you will hardly have any suction.

Do as Midge says and get a filter.

la Huerta
25th July 2005, 12:48 PM
have been thinking of building a cyclone for some while but don't seem to find the time and will most likely stuff it up anyway !...so the filter is a quick fix, and i am not running much pipe anyway...and it's always mobile ...unlike a cyclone...

Grunt
25th July 2005, 01:30 PM
You will want to have some kind of separator otherwise your filter will clog up in no time and you will lose suction. If you don't want to make a cyclone, you will get reasonable separation from a 200 litre drum. Do a search for drum separator.

bitingmidge
25th July 2005, 02:21 PM
Filters have built-in brushes so they are relatively easy to keep clog-free

Gary Pye has some http://www.gpw.au.com

A separator is the logical next step though.

P (who is too lazy to separate!)

:D :D

Grunt
25th July 2005, 03:19 PM
Filters have built-in brushes so they are relatively easy to keep clog-free

True, but the only time they get used is when you notice that it's not sucking. (I mean that in the nicest possible way)

Midge, you obvioulsy need something that will Lift and Separate.

Zed
25th July 2005, 03:34 PM
Midge, you obvioulsy need something that will Lift and Separate.

i understand that bendon, bonds & berlei have good form in this space :D

la Huerta
25th July 2005, 04:31 PM
yes i was intending to have the seperator, like a trash can or a wheely bin as i saw elsewhere on the forum the other day...

MajorPanic
25th July 2005, 09:12 PM
i understand that bendon, bonds & berlei have good form in this space :D
I once did a catalogue shoot for Triumph International........ great models with not much on! :D :D :D :D

Funny thing was the shoot took all day but if it was any other client it would of been over in 4 hours :confused: ;) :D

la Huerta
25th July 2005, 09:40 PM
majorpanic...so your a photographer, i'm going to rack you brain now, it's a serious hobby of mine...only i'm not any good yet.

BrianR
29th July 2005, 04:42 PM
You won't stop 5u with a cyclone and only a filter will stop 0.5u.