PDA

View Full Version : Rifle pen clips

bdar
25th July 2005, 12:41 AM
Hi everybody,

I am experimenting making pens from 30.06 shell casings. I have used 25.06 shell casings pressed out to 30.06 size. If I remember right, you can get slim line pen clips in the shape of a rifle. Does anyone know if they are available in the European style / BT401 pen. The shell casing is the lower half of the pen and the top half I use burls, acrylic or deer antler. If anyone can help that would be great

Cheers

Darren :)

Babytoolman
25th July 2005, 04:13 PM
Hi Darren,

I am not sure but try Gary Pye. I think my mate got some from him.

Roger

Ruffy
25th July 2005, 06:29 PM
Hi Darren,

Sheila at Pens Of Color (http://pocwoodworking.com/catalog/default.php) also has two style of rifle clips.

You will probably have to email her with the dimensions you need to match.

Coach
1st August 2005, 12:31 PM
I get my rifle clips from Craft Supplies USA. They have both slimline and European styles. www.woodturnerscatalog.com (http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com) I make all of my casing pens with 30.06 shells and slimline parts. I have made a few with Euro finials, but they are cheaper to make with slimline parts. I'd post a pic of my latest if I could figure out how to upload it.

Bodgy
1st August 2005, 04:52 PM
Coach

Took me a while but this, whilst probably not the correct way, works and is simple.

Once you have your piccy in 'My Pictures' (or wherever) right click on it and choose 'Send to' then say Yes to resize and mail back to yourself. You'll then get a much reduced image which is around 45k and acceptable to the Forum IT Nazis.

Hit ' Manage Attachements' which you'll see below your editor, when writing threads and replies, and browse to My Pictures or wherever you've saved the reduced size file.

Hope this makes sense.

Bodgy

bdar
1st August 2005, 11:30 PM
Hi Coach,

Welcome to the forum, you wouldn't be the same Coach on the I.A.P forum?
If so great to have you on board. I use Picasa2 for my photo editing, it's free through Google.

Thanks for your info on the clips, I getting some 300 winchester mags to play with soon, that will be a big pen. :)

Cheers

Darren

smidsy
2nd August 2005, 12:34 AM
Forum IT Nazis.

The same guys that work their a**es off so people like me and ungrateful plonkers like you can have the benefits of such a great forum?
I've been on the net 10 years and believe me this is THE best run forum I have ever found.

As for the image:
Save the image wherever you want it.
Go to the image in Win explorer, right click the image and select properties.
If the file size is under 100k no problems, if the file size is over 100k get any one of the three thousand free image programs available on the net.
Downsize the file in both width/height & resolution, then resave the file.
Do this progressively until the file size is under 100k.
If you can access the net and use this forum you can do this.

Regards
Paul

Bodgy
2nd August 2005, 09:40 AM
Such venom! This ungrateful plonker works in IT and the common term for the IT department within a business is 'IT Nazis'. You seem to have missed the humour, and obviously have had a bad day.

Chill.

Bodgy

smidsy
2nd August 2005, 01:55 PM
I thought the term nazi was a bit strong, and it's not a term I have ever heard used in refering to IT staff in the time I've worked in Tafe, the Police and Telstra.
We used to refer to IT staff as "GIT's" - we told them that stood for Guy/Girl in IT.

I've been on the net ten years and have had the misfortune to be around some fourms that were run by some of the most clueless no hopers on this planet - one clown blamed me for a supposedly unlawful message when his mods had let it live on the forum for 3 weeks.

This is one of the (if not THE) best forums I've been on in terms of the mods and I find it laughable when people criticise it.
That said, apologies if I came on a bit strong.
Cheers
Paul

Bodgy
2nd August 2005, 05:15 PM
Paul

No worries. I agree the Forum is a wonderful resource, particularly for novices, anyway a bit of biffo livens things up!

FYI, I think the term IT Nazis came from the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld years ago.

Bodgy

Coach
8th August 2005, 11:03 AM
Same guy. I need to get on here more. Looks like a good group of people.

Hi Coach,

If so great to have you on board. I use Picasa2 for my photo editing, it's free through Google.

Thanks for your info on the clips, I getting some 300 winchester mags to play with soon, that will be a big pen. :)

Cheers

Darren

darley
21st August 2005, 11:40 PM
Hi coach :)

darley
21st August 2005, 11:42 PM
Hi Coach,

Cheers

Darren

Can you share some of your mags?
Thanks