26th July 2005, 08:44 PM
This may interest some.

http://www.frontlineengineering.com.au/

ozwinner
26th July 2005, 08:51 PM
Just seen your new title.
Axe Wielder, Mongrel.

Dont be too hard on yourself.

You can have one or the other, but not both.

Al :p :D

RETIRED
26th July 2005, 09:02 PM
:D Actually it is what a board member called me, I can't fit the other things in.

ozwinner
26th July 2005, 09:05 PM
Just as well youve got thick skin.

Al :(

MajorPanic
27th July 2005, 08:03 PM
This may interest some.

http://www.frontlineengineering.com.au/
Thanks !

Bloody interesting bandsaw contour thingy!

Fired off an email to find out costs..... am prepared to have the crap scared out of me! :p

zenwood
31st July 2005, 10:09 AM
Interesting gizmo. It looks like it should be fairly easy to make one, but what's the trick of keeping the jig pressed against the stop on the left while at the same time keeping the stock pressed against the stops on the jig?? Just hand pressure?

MajorPanic
31st July 2005, 05:50 PM
Interesting gizmo. It looks like it should be fairly easy to make one, but what's the trick of keeping the jig pressed against the stop on the left while at the same time keeping the stock pressed against the stops on the jig?? Just hand pressure? Don't know what holds the stock but the non-pneumatic version is $1250.00 AUD :eek: :eek: :eek:

So I've had the crap scared outa me! :confused:

outback
31st July 2005, 08:05 PM
:D Actually it is what a board member called me, I can't fit the other things in.

Wow, I wonder who it was, much better than I could've come up with, all because you deleted a couple of his/her posts too I bet. I dunno, I'm gonna have to work on my abuse, I can see that.

nasty person, no.... really nasty person, most impolite individual. I guess I just don't have it. :D

boban
31st July 2005, 09:42 PM
I saw the clamps at the Sydney WWW show. They are better than the Plano system but expensive. Maybe one day when money is of no concern

zenwood
1st August 2005, 08:44 AM
Don't know what holds the stock...
Ahh, yes: the stock is held in place by the electrostatic attraction of the gold-plated base.:eek:

Dr Dee
1st August 2005, 10:20 AM
I saw the jig and clamps at the Sydney WWWS and asked the cost. After standing up again I had a really good look at the jig because like Zenwood I thought I could clone something sufficient to do a job I have in mind. The guy must have realised what I was doing because he took it away on the pretence of showing someone. Can't blame him as I have had a few ideas of mine pinched over the years with no recognition.
cheers

zenwood
1st August 2005, 10:24 AM
I saw the jig... OK here's a suggestion: 100 of us :eek: pitch in $10 each and buy one (is the non-pneumatic version cheaper?), and reverse engineer it. Convert it to a $20-MDF-and-wingnut version, and distribute plans on the forum. Must be a way to do this that avoids patent law:rolleyes:

zenwood
1st August 2005, 11:02 AM
Scratch that last post. Apparently we were mis-informed. The price is already within everyone's budget (see pic).:rolleyes:

shaunburgess
1st August 2005, 08:12 PM
:) I wonder at that price if they would throw in a bandsaw??

Woodmaster
28th January 2006, 12:53 PM
Yes we do trhow in a bandsaw the prices you got at the time the product was just been released in the market for the very first time after seven years from date of the patent at the time was very limited number of hand made units & we was targeting furniture makers & other woodworkers to sell the foull kit with the pneumatics

The reason the non pneumatic kit was so expensive been due that at the very early stages the product was selling only with the pneumatics so when some one wanted the basic kit i do agree was very expensive but due to demand of basic kit we now are please to say that we have took every comments in to a serious consinderation & i personaly i would like to thank every one that has visited our stand & help us with ther ideas at the show

Since then the product is been simplified & now been prodused in muss production for the international & local market SO NOW IS AVAILABLE AS ONLY BASIC KIT & will be sold at selected outlets in every state for arount $300-00 ing GST Pneumatic kit (OPTIONAL)

Note be this product is unique and very simple and easy to use is not what you get is what it does you can save thousands of dollars if you can use it for small or large production runs

Also is ideal from hobbyist to large manufactories

Many Thanks
Regards

quote=shaunburgess]:) I wonder at that price if they would throw in a bandsaw??[/quote]