PDA

View Full Version : Parking lessons

routermaniac
27th July 2005, 09:29 AM
Ok little johny, lets practice your parking now... just put the car into drive and slowly touch the accelerator... just watch the telegraph pole... Steady... steady... Thats good, a little faster now... come on boy, haven't got all day...

PhilMcCrackin
27th July 2005, 09:51 AM
Crikey.... Just how would you get a car down from there?

Ashore
27th July 2005, 09:52 AM
Try Reverse gear

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

echnidna
27th July 2005, 10:15 AM
Or LOW gear

Daddles
27th July 2005, 10:39 AM
What about the 15 year old kid who was asked to get the car off the transporter and who is still sitting in driver's seat with a death grip on the steering wheel and wondering why the streetscape has suddenly turned blue with all those white, fluffy things :D

Richard

keith53
27th July 2005, 11:20 AM
Crikey.... Just how would you get a car down from there?
Also begs the quesion "How did it get there in the first place?":)

Cliff Rogers
27th July 2005, 02:23 PM
Pro'ly mounted the gutter & ran up a guy wire, guy wired broke & left the car perched just right.

There is a wire hanging from the pole, I bet that's the broken guy wire.

Ausworkshop
27th July 2005, 07:18 PM
Yea I rekon Cliff is probably right, the exact same thing happened at the top end of my street and it happened just as Cliff said.
Funny thing was watching the women trying to get out, I probably shouldn't laugh, it could have been more serious.;)

Gingermick
27th July 2005, 07:31 PM
That would solve the parking problem at this coal terminal I'm working on.

journeyman Mick
27th July 2005, 11:54 PM
That would solve the parking problem at this coal terminal I'm working on.

Aha! so you're responsible for all those ships queued up waiting to load coal!

Mick

Daddles
28th July 2005, 02:35 AM
Look, I hate to be sexist or anything, but the originating photo is taken directly from the our local driver test. Unless teenage girls can manage this, they are required to take another six months training. And yes, it is a sexist policy, but we found that if the girls were required to meet the teenage boy standard of hanging from the cross trees of the pole, very few qualified for their license. This is, in fact, a case of positive discrimination based on recognising that teenage girls, being less aggressive than teenage boys, are unlikely to find themselves in as difficult situations as the boys. However, there is some balance added to the test - the girls must be creating an SMS message at the time of the incident, not just a reply, but a fresh message, whereas the boys are only required to be replying to their girlfriend.

Richard
Lord Protector and Justice Minister for the Grand Regal State of Reality

also real estate manager - like to buy a bridge? I've got a nice coat hanger lookalike going cheap :D

routermaniac
28th July 2005, 09:34 AM
I've got a sneaking suspicion that it was a lady driver, look at the precision of the angle made with the pole, generally blokes don't fuss too much about such details :) and besides if it was a bloke we would not be content with such a result, the telegraph pole would have to have come down and if it didn't we'd be at with with a japanese rip saw :p :D

routermaniac
28th July 2005, 11:49 PM
oops I meant crosscut saw :)

JDarvall
28th July 2005, 11:53 PM
Look, I hate to be sexist or anything, but the originating photo is taken directly from the our local driver test. Unless teenage girls can manage this, they are required to take another six months training. And yes, it is a sexist policy, but we found that if the girls were required to meet the teenage boy standard of hanging from the cross trees of the pole, very few qualified for their license. This is, in fact, a case of positive discrimination based on recognising that teenage girls, being less aggressive than teenage boys, are unlikely to find themselves in as difficult situations as the boys. However, there is some balance added to the test - the girls must be creating an SMS message at the time of the incident, not just a reply, but a fresh message, whereas the boys are only required to be replying to their girlfriend.

Richard
Lord Protector and Justice Minister for the Grand Regal State of Reality

also real estate manager - like to buy a bridge? I've got a nice coat hanger lookalike going cheap :D

:confused: .....Jesus mate, what are you on ? :rolleyes:

Can I have some ?

Cliff Rogers
29th July 2005, 12:18 AM
:confused: .....Jesus mate, what are you on ? :rolleyes:

Can I have some ?You don't want any if you can help it.... it's called old age cynicism :D

It comes with experience.

outback
30th July 2005, 04:03 PM
You don't want any if you can help it.... it's called old age senility :D

It comes with experience.

I'm baaack! :D