PDA

View Full Version : Dried up glue brush

justonething
9th August 2015, 09:57 PM
Last week after applying titebond 3 with an art brush. I forgot to clean it afterwards and left it to dry.
When I found it again, it was rock hard.
I was going to throw it out, but I thought I will try out with a bit of paint stripper first.
After soaking it for a couple of days. The brush has become soft, but it was full this rubbery stuff which I could brush off with a comb.
The brush is not as good as new, but it is very usable again.
I didn't know that paint stripper will work on dried titebond 3. Guess I do now.

cava
10th August 2015, 01:37 AM
Always go to know how to clean up brushes that have been exposed to titebond, or any other glue for that matter. :2tsup:

nrb
10th August 2015, 03:05 PM
From time to time Cabetec have silicone glue brushes going fairly cheap, glue dries in them it just cracks out leaving the brush clean,in fact I have two and make no effort to wash out the one I am using just switch to the clean one.

charlie250393
10th August 2015, 03:52 PM
A cheap silicone basting brush with the bristles trimmed down works quite well if carbatec's price feels a bit steep. I got a few off ebay for $1.30 a piece but a $2 shop might have some. As mentioned before the dry glue is fairly easy to break out.