PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne scraping class - calling for interest

StrayAlien
19th August 2015, 12:04 AM
Hi all,

I have contacted Phil Fehring about running another scraping class in Melbourne.

Phil, aka machtool, has said he'd be happy to run another course if the numbers were there to make it worthwhile - so my challenge is .. if I want to do the course I have to find some more students to join me!! Initial indications are the course would cost $500 for the weekend.

So, I am calling for interest to see what we can do. Minimum number would be 8 students, but 10+ to circa 15 would be better. The more we get the better chance we have of getting a lower price. Maybe. :-) :-)

At this point no dates have been set. For now I am looking for numbers to make it possible. The course sounds amazing and if you read the student reviews (google "Melbourne scraping class") you'll see what I mean. Apparently, the coffee is good too. :-)

If you are interested, email me: gregm at montera dot com dot au. I'll be doing my best to make it happen.

If anyone can suggest other avenues or forums (besides Practical Machinist - I have posted there) please ping me here or via email.

If anybody interstate is interested I can house a few at my house for the weekend to help keep expenses down - maybe some other forum locals might help in the same way.

Come on, let's not make that last Melbourne scraping class ... erm ... the last Melbourne scraping class ....

"you know you want to"

Greg.

scottyd
19th August 2015, 08:07 AM
Good for you guys, anyone sticking their paw up will have a blast. Hell, its worth it for the grub alone, but the skills youll get (and the brick) are mighty useful to have. :2tsup:

eskimo
19th August 2015, 01:08 PM
:iagree:

eskimo
19th August 2015, 01:10 PM
Apparently, the coffee is good too. :-)

the FOOD is better..i put on 6 kilo's

DSEL74
19th August 2015, 07:45 PM
If you struggle to get numbers (which never seems to be an issue) maybe talk to Phil about having a combined Level 1 & level 2 course for past students to come back for some more advanced techniques or a refresher scraping in a different object.

Phil, You might need my big angle plate.

eskimo
19th August 2015, 07:48 PM
If you struggle to get numbers (which never seems to be an issue) maybe talk to Phil about having a combined Level 1 & level 2 course for past students to come back for some more advanced techniques or a refresher scraping in a different object.

Phil, You might need my big angle plate.

bewdy...I could be in that ....another chance to get away from you know who

StrayAlien
19th August 2015, 08:41 PM

Good idea. Thanks.

scottyd
19th August 2015, 09:59 PM
If youre doing an advanced class, count me in.