PDA

View Full Version : Another hello from Hobart.

15th September 2015, 10:55 PM
Well not quite Hobart, but a suburb on the Eastern shore of Hobart. Retired from 40+ years in the Education Dept at the end of 2010, having had various jobs in the system, from Audiovisual Tech, projectionist, to a Science Lab technician, with a few unspecified ones thrown in for good measure. I have done night courses in fine art of wood craft, wood turning, upholstery techniques and calligraphy. I was lucky to get a job with a local aviation company --not flying, although I do have a pilots licence, and own a vintage aircraft, but restoring the chief pilots MGA, another of my hobbies-vintage cars. Which leads me to the reason for looking in, and joining this forum. I am at present attempting to build a replica speedster body on a vintage car chassis. I am hoping to pick up some good information on wooden car body construction, which may help.
Many thanks in advance.

crowie
16th September 2015, 04:27 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "1946".
There are quite a few members in Hobart area and across Tassie plus the rest of the country.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork..
Cheers crowie

PS - Make sure you check out both the car restoration and the model making sub-sections of the forum...

old1955
16th September 2015, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the forum.

snowyskiesau
16th September 2015, 04:57 PM
Welcome from another Tassie member.

JJF
18th September 2015, 05:32 AM
welcome aboard

artful bodger
23rd September 2015, 07:28 PM
Welcome from another Tasmaniac.
Welcome from another Tasmaniac.
Just can't get that other head to stop repeating everything.
Just can't..........................
Sure sounds like you have a swag of varied skills, reckon you will enjoy the forum.

Christos
2nd October 2015, 10:18 PM
Welcome to the forum.

yvan
3rd October 2015, 09:30 PM
Welcome from another Tasmanian

yvan