PDA

View Full Version : whyalla mens shed

kevinwhy
18th September 2015, 03:36 PM
Hi all,
Found this forum and thought i would let you all know a little about the Whyalla Men's Shed, we have been going for about three and a half years and in our current location for nearly two years.
We are in an old church and it needed a lot of work to bring it up to standard, the owner of the building helped a lot with that, we raised of lot of money from grants, just kept applying for them,
we have a woodworking area and metal work, games room with eight ball table, tv etc, computer room which we are teaching those who are interested the basics, we are registered microsoft refurbishers
so also sell the odd computer to older folks.
we are open 9.30 - 1pm mondays to thursday and sat morning 9.30 - 1pm.
our website is www.whyallamensshed.org.au
phone number 08 86441484
corner of Norrie ave and Williams street,
so if you are in Whyalla or passing through feel welcome to pop in say hello and look around.
cheers Kevin

issatree
18th September 2015, 04:56 PM
Hi Kevin,
Your Shed Like ours, Geelong Comm.Mens Shed Vic. where Dunking is Permitted HA HA.
The Sheds are a great place for all Men of all ages, that gives them some where to go.
We are open Wed. 9am. till 4pm. & Fri. 9 till 2pm. depending how many turn up, on Fri.
Been going 12 years, & have approx. 50 members. Shed is way to small now. Committee may look at a Mezzanine Floor, & we have 2 Containers to put a lot of wood & other materials in as well.
That was a good idea of using a short Video to put your Shed out there.

Tonyz
26th September 2015, 05:47 PM
Are You in behind the chemist, cause I seem to remember theres a chemist on one corner and electrical or plumbing outfit on other. Bugga I go through Whyalla often but not those hours, one day I'll manage to drop in.

kevinwhy
27th September 2015, 11:32 AM
yes Tonto we are behind the chemist, are trying to get council to put some signs up to show the way.
drop in any time, when you go past look for the gate open at front of church if its open there will be someone there even if its not within times i gave.