PDA

View Full Version : Saved from the fire #2

kcam
21st September 2015, 02:08 PM
This is the second piece of She Oak that was saved from being burnt (under instruction). I took on board comments by powderpost and smiife for the final "enhancement". To me the resin infill resembled that of a crumbling rock face hence the random,falling irregular rocks (powderpost) coupled with small stubby feet (smiife) to complete the job.
Another fun project in utilising what could be termed "firewood".......comments welcome. (first photo is saved from the fire #1)

smiife
21st September 2015, 08:14 PM
This is the second piece of She Oak that was saved from being burnt (under instruction). I took on board comments by powderpost and smiife for the final "enhancement". To me the resin infill resembled that of a crumbling rock face hence the random,falling irregular rocks (powderpost) coupled with small stubby feet (smiife) to complete the job.
Another fun project in utilising what could be termed "firewood".......comments welcome. (first photo is saved from the fire #1)

Hi kcam,
Nice job on the "falling rocks", I like the red inside too !
nice shape ,,, I think It ......" rocks" sorry couldn, t help
myself :roflmao:

powderpost
21st September 2015, 09:02 PM
Now that is really nice. I think that is a lot better, the random "rock" formation is in concert with the repaired crack. The red inside is also a nice touch. :2tsup:

Jim

kcam
21st September 2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks smiife and Jim, pleased to read that you both think it "rocks"..:D,,,,,cheers Kerry

Mobyturns
26th September 2015, 08:03 PM
I like your Straka Chuck in photo #3. Nice work Kerry, good to see more of your work as I've missed seeing it the last couple of years at Turnfest.

kcam
26th September 2015, 09:56 PM
Thanks Geoff, had other activities on at the time of Turnfest the last two years.....just enjoying a bit of fun experimenting at the moment.
PS. did not know that it is called a "strata" chuck just remember seeing it somewhere before.....its all been done before! Cheers Kerry