PDA

View Full Version : Gday From W.A.

WAPANDA
22nd September 2015, 12:07 PM
Well I joined a few days ago and I was just looking at thing here since I'm not much of a big
Talker or typing man

Anyway People call me panda and not because I'm Chubby it all came from when my Daughters where babies they couldn’t say papa
it sounded more like panda and it stuck for the 25 five years or so.

I'm originally from Canada but Came here in 1991 and go figure I barely spoke English enough to get by but now I can hardly speak French

I'm from a small dairy area of Quebec about 3 hours south west of Montreal so growing up on a farm we were always busy until I joined the service. But before joining the service my uncle was a chippie as they are called here and in the low season I use to work part time for him

I was about 10 when I started and left at 17 anyway by the time I left for the military he handed me my papers never knew I was his apprentice so after my service I moved to Korea for 2 years as I met my wife few months before and I got and electrical ticket from the forces I found it hard living in Korea not speaking the lingo and work was a bit rough and started a young family and ended up being sponsored here via BHP AS A HIGH VOLT. LINESMAN then eventual went to vice and come back to W.A. working trams and train until 2011 some idiot T_BONED me and lost my leg ended my linesman carer as safety thing no legs on the ballast could be risqué in high volt

so after 30 years of no wood work of any kind I decide to slowly start up again now that all these new and beautiful tools are about and yes I’m just like a new boy at it and made some mistakes in purchases but it was also a money thing this is how I discovered this site as I purchase a Bunning Ozito table saw but I haven’t had any trouble with it yet and it ripping throw ok but I did change the blade to a 60 tooth diablo not an expensive blade but I was impressed and I chucked its fence away and a few clamp and alloy angle line for a fence I also have the router table and its quite the little thing I got a Maktec router on it and it hums well no vibrations and the fence is actually quite good

But I Never seen Maktec by Makita before anyone know if it is reliable

anyway it's supposed to be a short hello and I said I don’t normally say much I guess it’s a topic that has my interest probably

anyway hello all

Regards
Panda

old1955
22nd September 2015, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the forum Panda.

crowie
22nd September 2015, 07:34 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Panda".
There are a stack of members in Perth and surrounds plus the rest of the country and we even have a few "canucks" on the forum....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers crowie

May I suggest you ask the tool questions in the "tool sub section" to gain a wider audience and thus more views & answers.....

JJF
23rd September 2015, 01:24 AM
Welcome to the forum

Pratty
23rd September 2015, 02:37 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, im up at ocean reef if your ever up that way.

WAPANDA
23rd September 2015, 09:47 AM
thank you for the tool tip

Keith_1
23rd September 2015, 04:42 PM
Hi WAPANDA,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hope you enjoy it and make many good friends along the way.

Regards

Keith

WAPANDA
27th September 2015, 10:54 AM
Thanks Keith 1
sorry for a late reply but yes I will let you know you if I'm up that way
I am in Beechboro up Whiteman Park area so ya same for you
give me a shout if your in the area

Regards
Panda

Was trying to do it via reply but i must have pushed the wrong button

Keith_1
28th September 2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks Keith 1
sorry for a late reply but yes I will let you know you if I'm up that way
I am in Beechboro up Whiteman Park area so ya same for you
give me a shout if your in the area

Regards
Panda

Was trying to do it via reply but i must have pushed the wrong button

Hi Panda,

Thanks for replying. We are in Torquay Victoria

Send me a PM if coming to our area and I will give you my address.

Hope you enjoy this great Forum

Regards

Keith

Christos
2nd October 2015, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Not a short intro but a good one. The hobby is what brings us together and enriches our knowledge.