PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found in my firewood pile!!

Phily
1st October 2015, 06:49 PM
Walking past my firewood pile I spied a large Copperhead sunning itself. Unbelievably, at the same moment a large frog came hopping by. Sad but quick! The snake then slid back into the wood pile where I snapped this shot.

Now my issue is that 2 fellow Forum members are due at my place next weekend to sift through the logs to see what treasures they may find. What is the right thing to do? Should I tell them about the snake or run a book on which one of them jumps the highest and runs the fastest???

OK OK, just joking, of course I'll do the right thing.....

Even odds
Who's in????

Pat
1st October 2015, 06:53 PM
Phil, you are an evil man. I like that! :U

wheelinround
1st October 2015, 06:54 PM
:photo2: and video :tvhpy:

Phily
1st October 2015, 07:54 PM
Video for sure;I suspect both Hughie and Paul will forget all about their bad backs when clambering up the nearest tree. Great for Youtube!!!!:D

Uncle Al
1st October 2015, 09:02 PM
Could be a contender for Funniest Home Videos. Might need to brush up on your resuscitation skills!

Alan...

Phily
1st October 2015, 09:20 PM
I have no idea how it is possible to resuscitate anyone when on my back, legs in the air, clutching my stomach and finding it hard to breath through the fits of laughter :U

NCArcher
1st October 2015, 10:23 PM
2 fellow Forum members ...Should I tell them about the snake

I may have found a slight flaw in your plan..:doh:

Phily
1st October 2015, 10:34 PM
Ahhh, yes, well, a slight tactical mis judgement. I suppose I'd better offer full refunds if the "race" is cancelled. Let's hope they stay off line for another week :;

wheelinround
2nd October 2015, 01:52 PM
Best have some on hand

Allan at Wallan
2nd October 2015, 04:30 PM
You blokes from New South Wales are a strange lot!

Glad I am not one of the two visiting Forumites - it would be
down to one very quickly. Will watch this with interest.

Allan

Phily
2nd October 2015, 08:02 PM
I might be looking for a couple of new friends soon. Allan, would you be interested???:B

chuck1
3rd October 2015, 07:45 AM
You can't run bets! You need to film it as well for a photo finish!
I have a snake in my yard some where he left 2 + foot of skin to prove it.
Hope he has moved on!

hughie
3rd October 2015, 12:58 PM
Walking past my firewood pile I spied a large Copperhead sunning itself. Unbelievably, at the same moment a large frog came hopping by. Sad but quick! The snake then slid back into the wood pile where I snapped this shot.

Now my issue is that 2 fellow Forum members are due at my place next weekend to sift through the logs to see what treasures they may find. What is the right thing to do? Should I tell them about the snake or run a book on which one of them jumps the highest and runs the fastest???

OK OK, just joking, of course I'll do the right thing.....

Even odds
Who's in????

Dont need this, maybe bring the 410 and a box :)

hughie
3rd October 2015, 01:00 PM
I have no idea how it is possible to resuscitate anyone when on my back, legs in the air, clutching my stomach and finding it hard to breath through the fits of laughter :U

mongrel, what one of us get bitten in the backside...................lol

Phily
3rd October 2015, 07:07 PM
mongrel, what one of us get bitten in the backside...................lol

Sorry mate, I ain't sucking out the poison, your just gonna have to kark it!!!! :D

hughie
3rd October 2015, 08:12 PM
Sorry mate, I ain't sucking out the poison, your just gonna have to kark it!!!! :D

sigh.... life can be so cruel sometimes

Gary H
4th September 2019, 10:23 AM
I am just SO dissapointed with the cruel comments and unfeeling actions of what I thought were members of a friendly forum. Am so disgusted that I am contemplating leaving this forum altogether. But before I do, could I please have twenty bucks each way on Hughie?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th September 2019, 11:34 AM
Ditto. For shame, for shame, suggesting that either (or both) Hughie or Paul look like fat, juicy frogs...

BTW, I'll put a tenner on the snake. :)

NCArcher
4th September 2019, 01:47 PM
4 years too late guys. I think Hughie bit the snake and took the pool.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th September 2019, 02:32 PM
*groan*

:doh:

Phily
4th September 2019, 10:23 PM
Couldn’t do it. Thought about it and had a few laughs, but in the end I had to accept it was a bad idea, could have caused a heart attack. Poor snake didn’t deserve such stress. :U

Allan at Wallan
12th September 2019, 06:55 PM
Ditto. For shame, for shame, suggesting that either (or both) Hughie or Paul look like fat, juicy frogs...

BTW, I'll put a tenner on the snake. :)

Too late, bets closed almost four years ago (lol).