PDA

View Full Version : Spring cleaning

snowyskiesau
3rd October 2015, 08:52 PM
With the temperature hitting 25, time to do a bit of spring cleaning.
I started with the carport, gave it a good going over with the water blaster and moved the timber.
All of the plywood, MDF etc was sitting on saw horsse to the back of the carport on the left. I've moved this over to the far right so now it sits right under the hoist making it much easier to get boards into the shed. You can just see the stack of sheets hanging from the hoist near the ladder.
Second picture is after a good sweep and pressure wash. Now I don't have to shohorn the van inbeteen the saw horses and friend boat, which used to sti where the timber now is.
I have a stack of 90x45 and 70x35 MGP10 studs which I need to make a rack along the back wall for.
This bit behind the shed gets no sun for six months so the hardest job is cleaning up the lichen/moss that grows there. I've made a start but more tomorrow.

Carport is 9 metres long and 6 metres deep, not quite deep enough to get the van into.

artme
4th October 2015, 10:02 AM
Have to do that too!!!

I've been working on a chest of drawers for all the table linen and some other stuphph. Atm the shed is full of off-cuts, sawdust and dust.

Also have a lot of timber that I removed from the shelving to find what I needed to use for the chest. It is just sitting around taking up floor space
so it will be first to be found a home.

snowyskiesau
4th October 2015, 10:19 AM
Shed cleaning is on the list of jobs for today, probably today's only job as it always takes a while to do properly.
Problem is I can't use the water blaster to clean in there so it's the broom and the vacuum cleaner.

wheelinround
4th October 2015, 01:50 PM
All that space and you come on here and brag about it :roll:whinge there's not enough room to park the van :~ not to mention the temp being just right at 25C for shed clean up and or work.:U:q.

snowyskiesau
4th October 2015, 04:24 PM
Space is all very well until it comes time to clean it.
I didn't get near the shed today, instead it was spent water blasting the driveway to get rid of 6 month of moss, lichen and who knows what. The only other thing accomplished was to get the spuds into the ground.
What I really wanted to do was to get the rest of the sheet goods down from their shelf in the shed and stack them in the carport with the rest. Maybe tomorrow, after I finish the driveway.

snowyskiesau
8th October 2015, 04:39 PM
All the sheet goods have been removed from the mezzanine and stacked on the saw horses out in the carport.
The only problem is that with the hoist at full lift, the straps are still a bit too loose to lift the boards, I have to drag the stack over the edge before I can lower and move them. Sounds worse than it is.
The only bum clenching moment was in lifting the first lot of boards, I didn't realise that they were not full width i.e. only 600mm wide stacked side by side. There was a piece of 3ply on top and underneath so I didn't see it. As soon as the stack cleared the shelf, it folded in on itself. Nothing fell but I took that moment to go and have a cup of tea. :-

I also made somewhere to stack the lengths of MGP10 of which I seem to have a lot for some reason.

The tidy up of the shed itself has yet to start, maybe tomorrow.

Tonyz
9th October 2015, 12:40 PM
was thinking of doing similar this weekend but oh dear me...'sorry wifey, Bathurst is on this weekend, plus World Rugby Cup'