PDA

View Full Version : Go Broncos

MAPLEMAN
4th October 2015, 07:52 AM
Hoping the Broncos beat the Cowboys into submission :punching::)
Go Hodgo...Go hard! Go Broncos...MM:2tsup:

Ironwood
4th October 2015, 08:04 AM
Sorry MM, but its the Year of the Cowboy!!!

Go JT, go the Cowboys!!!

NCArcher
4th October 2015, 08:07 AM
Two Qld teams.....:shrug: but I'll probably go for Cowboys :U

MAPLEMAN
4th October 2015, 09:49 AM
:boxing5:...will be a tough,hard game me thinks...MM:2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2015, 12:38 PM
Hey MM, I thought you wanted to move to Townsville? :think:

Mobyturns
4th October 2015, 03:03 PM
Many of us northerners have split loyalties. We followed the Bronco's in the early days now we are loyal Cowboy's supporters but still follow the Bronco's with not quite the same passion as we once did. Part of me wants Hodgo to go out a high but we really want the Cowboys to win.

If its like their past two games its going to be a very memorable game, tough, fast & fair.

Go the Cowboys!

Maybe a draw. :D

wolften
4th October 2015, 03:03 PM
In my heart hoping for a Bronco win, but If the Cowboys romp home so be it.
J.T... the next immortal.

MAPLEMAN
4th October 2015, 03:25 PM
Hey MM, I thought you wanted to move to Townsville? :think:Gotta say Cliff...Cowboys are a great side
Bennett is right in saying the match will be won by the forwards
And both sides have some big men up front
b.t.w...Townsville is Beeaauutiful!!...MM:2tsup:

wolften
4th October 2015, 03:44 PM
b.t.w...Townsville is Beeaauutiful!!...MMhttp://d1r5wj36adg1sk.cloudfront.net/images/smilies/actions/2thumbsup.gif

...but just a wee bit humid

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2015, 04:21 PM
...but just a wee bit humid

Not like some other places, I've struck worse humidity in Brisbane.

crowie
4th October 2015, 05:25 PM
Hoping the Broncos beat the Cowboys into submission :punching::)
Go Hodgo...Go hard! Go Broncos...MM:2tsup:

Doesn't matter MM, QUEENSLAND WIN AGAIN!!!!!! :2tsup: :2tsup: :2tsup:

Seymore Butts
4th October 2015, 05:27 PM
Go the Bronco's.......See if the cowboys can stop the Sammy Thaiday steamroller

doug3030
4th October 2015, 06:07 PM
Last Saturday, with my no 1 team already in the grand final, I saw my no 2 team beat my no 3 team for the other position. It has been a great season.

The NRL grand final is of less importance to me than State of Origin. All league football of any code is now just about money, not representation and the love of sport.

All I can say is that Queensland are sick of beating New South Wales, so now they are playing each other for a bit of a challenge :D

Cheers

Doug

doug3030
4th October 2015, 07:46 PM
This is going to be close! What a great game!

doug3030
4th October 2015, 09:27 PM
What a cliffhanger, Thurston hit the post, now in extra time!!

What a game. Better than yesterdays so called "Grand" final where one team doubled the other's score.

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2015, 09:42 PM
How good was that?

Ironwood
4th October 2015, 09:43 PM
Yeehaa, Cowboys you champions. What an unbelievable game!!

doug3030
4th October 2015, 09:46 PM
What a cliffhanger,

How good was that?

I didn't mean you Cliff.

MAPLEMAN
4th October 2015, 09:47 PM
:cry3::bigcry::crash::club::censored2::mad3::saddest::tdown::grumble::sad2::gaah:
Great game that...MM:2tsup:

doug3030
4th October 2015, 09:56 PM
If that was not the greatest sporting event I have ever watched, then I dont remember what was better. Broncos are my #1 side and Cowboys are #2 but I was just happy to see the Broncos in the grand finals after last year. Whichever way that game went I was not going to be disappointed, but what a great game to have the privilege to watch.

I have been telling Victorians all week that the public holiday on Friday was for NRL not AFL. THat game was far more worthy of a public holiday than yesterdays game. I can't see how so many victorians don't get it.

Cheers

Doug

Cliff Rogers
4th October 2015, 10:14 PM
I said yesterday "I hope it gets to 16 all & JT wins it by a field goal."

Who would believe that 2 Queensland teams could go to Sydney & break an attendance record?

Jone5y
4th October 2015, 10:17 PM
Coooowwwwbbboooyyyyssss !!!!!!

Jone5y
4th October 2015, 10:18 PM
I'm a bunnies fan but wow, what a game

Mobyturns
4th October 2015, 10:54 PM
:D
I said yesterday "I hope it gets to 16 all & JT wins it by a field goal."

Who would believe that 2 Queensland teams could go to Sydney & break an attendance record?

We couldn't have scripted it any better! Kane Linnett must be feeling very relieved. :D:D:D:D:D

artful bodger
4th October 2015, 11:11 PM
I'm a Western Suburbs Magpies fan so all hope is long gone.
Gotta say that game tonight was just sensational.
Pity the NSW Blues next origin game, maybe it should be replaced by a QLD "Area of state game" instead to make for an even game.
Well done NQ!.

Pearo
5th October 2015, 12:59 AM
I run the bar at the yacht club, all the broncos supporters cheering on thurson, wow. Not a sad face to be seen. Qld won tonight, no one cared who lost. Cowboys got the win they so deserved, and I dont think you will find one bitter broncos supporter. My team lost, and I am still happy!!

Best grand final in a long time :)

Mobyturns
5th October 2015, 07:05 AM
I run the bar at the yacht club, all the broncos supporters cheering on thurson, wow. Not a sad face to be seen. Qld won tonight, no one cared who lost. Cowboys got the win they so deserved, and I dont think you will find one bitter broncos supporter. My team lost, and I am still happy!!

Best grand final in a long time :)

I think that sums up all QLDer's sentiments. QLD won!

All QLDer's and Cowboys supporters feel very deeply for Ben Hunt. Great to see the after game camaraderie between both teams.

An exciting game that was decided through sheer skill, determination, and the never say die attitude of both teams. In the end the few mistakes that players made determined the game result.

Ironwood
5th October 2015, 10:59 AM
Yes, poor Ben hunt. I hope he gets the support he will need. I think the Cowboys were going to win the game regardless of Bens knock on, that just hastened the outcome. ( yes I am biased, but The Cowboys were on a mission )

Both teams should be very proud of themselves, that was possibly the best Rugby League game you will ever see. The lead changed hands a couple of times throughout the game, and the game wasn't leveled until the final second, and whether you agree with " golden point" or not, that's the current rules of the game, the first team to score a point takes the trophy.

Ironwood
5th October 2015, 08:08 PM
Although I have the greatest respect for Wayne Bennett , I am disappointed to see and hear the sour grapes about the golden point issue . The game was won fair and square within the rules.

doug3030
5th October 2015, 08:20 PM
Although I have the greatest respect for Wayne Bennett , I am disappointed to see and hear the sour grapes about the golden point issue . The game was won fair and square within the rules.

Yes it is disappointing that he is bringing it up, but I think the golden point rule is a bit of a lottery. I think the Cowboys would like to have won it a different way too, but that was the rules applicable on the day. They got the lucky break and still needed all their skill to win it. There was no evidence of any feeling of sour grapes among the players after the game. That's it for 2015.

Well done to the players of both the Queensland teams for a great display of skill, camaraderie and sportsmanship. May the way they conducted themselves be an example to all sportsmen and sportswomen in all sports everywhere. :2tsup:

Cheers

Doug

MAPLEMAN
6th October 2015, 08:37 AM
Great player Ben Hunt
Seems to play a little erratically at times but maturity will sort that
Full credit to the Cowboys
A very gutsy win
Until next season...MM:2tsup:

Dengue
6th October 2015, 05:24 PM
Yes it is disappointing that he is bringing it up, but I think the golden point rule is a bit of a lottery.
yes, I thought Wayne Bennett was displaying sour grapes, and was quite disrespectful of the Cowboys win. There is a time and a place for everything, and he got that totally wrong.

When the game went into extra time, the Broncos had a huge advantage with the Cowboys kicking off. They would get possession, work their way up field 70 metres or so over the next 4 tackles, then kick the winning field goal, just as many other teams have done. Easy peasy! Except they dropped the ball from the kickoff, turning over possession to the Cowboys who kicked the winner a couple of minutes later. You can't say the Broncos didn't have their chance to win. They just blew it!!

But the poor strategy adopted by the Broncos in the last 20 minutes was also their undoing. The coach should hang his head in shame. They kept kicking the ball out, trying to defend their lead and playing the remaining time down, rather than playing attacking football which could have quite reasonably put them in the clear, with no need for extra time if they had scored a couple of points in that last 20 minutes. It was not a big ask. A try, or a penalty goal, or even a field goal in that last 20 minutes would have won it for them if they had tried to win by attacking.

So you could quite definitely say the Broncos blew it, especially in the face of the Cowboys characteristic never say die attitude.

Well done lads, you deserve the Premiership at long last, after 20 years in the NRL competition!!

PS. I thought Jonathan Thurston had a pretty ordinary game, and played as well as he was allowed to by the Broncos. He also made some crucial errors, one resulting in the Broncos scoring. I really thought the man of the match should have been Jake Granville, who set up two tries, tackled his heart out, and then made that final bullet like pass to Thurston to kick the winning field goal

Pearo
6th October 2015, 08:12 PM

He bangs on about that everytime there is a golden point win, even when he benefits. I guess it was just poor timing this time, and media hyping it up. We all know what bennett is like, and to his credit he did congratulate the coyboys despite the media hype about the golden point issue. I guess if you hate some aspect about a sport, you hate it regardless, and to loose a grand final because of that would just annoy you even more..

At the end of the day, the golden point thing is pretty stupid. If you are going to play an extra ten, then play it. Chances are its going to be field goal that wins the game, why not add to it and push for a try? The reason its golden point is the same reason 2 qld teams have to play a grand final in Sydney - Money.

MAPLEMAN
7th October 2015, 08:07 AM
I thought the Broncos peaked form when they played the Roosters
They played amazingly good footy that day to beat the chooks
Just a thought...MM:2tsup: