PDA

View Full Version : WOW What a Team.

issatree
4th October 2015, 10:41 AM
Hi to you all,
Let me start by saying I'm a long suffering Essendon Supporter, but the way those Boys from Hawthorn played yesterday, they may even take out another couple of Flags.
That was one of the best Displays of Australian Rules Football I think I have ever seen.
Also did you notice there were next to no Argee Bargee, meaning the Umpires Job was so much easier.
15.5 was magnificent scoring, & that is what you have to do to Win The Flag.
I really enjoyed the game, & I'm sorry WA, I could not support you, as I'm a Victorian.

issatree
5th October 2015, 10:14 AM
I can't believe it, that nobody has replied.
Possibly no Hawk Supporters, on the Forums.
OH Well, have to wait another 6 months now.
Watched the last bit of the NRL, but I thought the Bell went 1st. before he got the Ball over the Line.

NCArcher
5th October 2015, 10:29 AM
It doesn't matter issatree. They are allowed to complete the play after the siren sounds.
That was one of the best NRL games I have ever watched let alone the best Grand Final.
I don't support either side but I really enjoyed the game.
I'm a Richmond supporter in AFL but it doesn't get much air time up here. AFL is usually just a footnote in the news.

Ironwood
5th October 2015, 10:41 AM
NCArcher beat me to the answer there, my snail pace connection is just great :-.

If the Cowboys kept the ball alive, they could have scored anytime after the siren goes.

As for the AFL, I am sure it's a great game, but Rugby League rules up here. The Grand Final would be the only game in a year that gets played on free to air TV up here.

doug3030
5th October 2015, 03:53 PM
That was one of the best NRL games I have ever watched let alone the best Grand Final.
I don't support either side but I really enjoyed the game.

It was the best game of ANYTHING I have ever seen.
My number 2 side beat my number one side but still the best game ever.
Two well matched teams at the top of their games, good sportsmaship although toughly contested, and good, fair refereeing with no controvercial decisions influencing the outcome.
GO QUEENSLAND

Cheers

Doug

Poppa
6th October 2015, 02:23 PM
I'm a Hawks supporter (but only for the last 37 years), loved the result. Game was over by halftime, and yes this Hawks team are in a class of their own. I've been told that 6 of the current team played in the 2008 GF win, which surprised me, as that's a long time to survive in today's game. I can recall watching the Geelong team with Ablett, Bartels, etc and thinking that I'd never seen a better midfield. Well I think I have now. Amazing how fast they move the ball, how many possessions they contest, and how good the delivery is to the forward 50.

I then got up Sunday morning and watched Australia knock England out of the rugby WC and loved that too.

Then Sunday evening I watched the Cowboys (again, my team as I was born in FNQ) win the NRL GF in a great game of footy. Thurston deserves all the accolades.

I had a great weekend...:D

Dengue
6th October 2015, 06:05 PM
Yes, it was a great weekend for football viewing. Was disappointed in the WC Eagles not living up to standard, but they appeared to be totally swamped by the Hawks, outnumbered 3-1 all over the field, and discovering new ways to lose as the game went on.

But the highlight of the weekend had to be that magnificent and very exciting NRL Grand Final, played in Sydney between two Queensland teams in front of 82,000 people, many of whom had travelled from Townsville via Bali or Auckland to get to Sydney. The only downer was the price gouging by the airlines who trebled the cost of the tickets. Mongrels !!