PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Architrave to Reveal (uneven gyprok)

Ferrett head
1st August 2005, 02:47 PM
Forum Gurus

We recently removed and kept the architraves off the window, relined the room with soundchek and insulated with sound proofing batts (can't remember their name).

I went to re-attach the newly painted architraves and the sheety has left a high spot on one corner in the sheet. Sat them over and they look crap.

Can anyone explain to me the non-builder the best solution to make these architraves go on vertically and flat to wall?

i.e. Shave off gyprock or architrave and how does one do that?

Thanks in advance to all those whop take pity on me!

TassieKiwi
1st August 2005, 03:06 PM
1. Get him back to do his job properly (best option)

2. Scribe (ie cut wood away from the back of the architrave) the back of the timber to match the high spot - best if you don't affect the visible edge of the timber

3. Get a big hammer and whack the gyprock, if the high spot is a small area, and has timber behind it

silentC
1st August 2005, 04:10 PM
Get a big hammer and whack the gyprock, if the high spot is a small area, and has timber behind it
Careful you don't knock the cladding off the other side!

seriph1
7th August 2005, 05:23 PM
I agree -either get the job done correctly or shave shave shave ...... then once its curtain'd it shouldnt be visible (not that I advocate the art of disguise)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

a couple of pics of the offending area would help too!

have fun

echnidna
7th August 2005, 05:42 PM
Dont hit the plaster with a hammer it could disintergrate.
Put a block of wood there and give it a belt with a hammer.
If that doesnt fix it plane the arc away as it will be concealed by your curtains.