PDA

View Full Version : I miss Sydney

Wongo
3rd August 2005, 02:18 PM
:( :( :(
Boy we are missing Australia so much. It is like in the middle of nowhere. We can’t do anything without a car and a phone here. The girls wanted to go home so much. I am feeling the pressure too because I have a job to complete here. :(

24 days to go. :( :(

Daddles
3rd August 2005, 02:48 PM
Mate, it must be bad if you miss Squidley. And they all talk in that funny, foreign language too.

Here you go. This isn't like being home, but it's good for chuckles (and the yanks won't understand it, always a plus :D )

Swamp Tales (http://www.swamp.com.au/)

Cheers
Richard

you could try being rude to Midge but he's heading OS too :rolleyes:

craigb
3rd August 2005, 02:52 PM
Boy we are missing Australia so much. It is like in the middle of nowhere. We can’t do anything without a car and a phone here. The girls wanted to go home so much. I am feeling the pressure too because I have a job to complete here. :(

Hang in there Scott.

In 25 days time it'll all be a memory. ;)

zenwood
3rd August 2005, 03:02 PM
AAAAaaaaaawwwwwww...Group hug time...

I know how it feels m8.

Grunt
3rd August 2005, 03:04 PM
Try spending 6 weeks in St. Louis. It's got an Arch.

HappyHammer
3rd August 2005, 03:05 PM
Won't be long Wongo and you'll be back on the trains....or not as the case may be with the new premier.....did you know we have a new premier?

HH.

zenwood
3rd August 2005, 03:11 PM
Try spending 6 weeks in St. Louis. It's got an Arch. I once heard a theory that three days was sufficient time to see all the major sights in any city (some, like St. Louis, presumably less). Beyond that, you are no longer a tourist and you have to stay at least 18 months to really get to know the place as home: rent a flat/house, buy car, put kids in school, get to know locals, learn the language, etc. etc. There is a huge no-man's land in-between where you've seen all the sights, and just can't be bothered going out any more...

craigb
3rd August 2005, 03:19 PM
Try spending 6 weeks in St. Louis. It's got an Arch.

An Arch? :eek:

Wow!! How good was that? :D

Wood Borer
3rd August 2005, 03:30 PM
I miss Sydney

Scott, incorrect grammar. There should be the word "am" in there and miss should begin with a capital when it is used as a salutation.

You should be careful saying things like that in conservative foreign countries because people might think you are a cross dresser. :eek:

Grunt
3rd August 2005, 03:32 PM
An Arch?

Wow!! How good was that?

As far as Arches go, it's up there. Unfortunately, once you've seen a McDonalds then you're pretty much over the arch thing.

Gumby
3rd August 2005, 03:52 PM
I miss Sydney too. As often as possible :D :D

(waits for flame attack SHIELDS UP !!!)

Zed
3rd August 2005, 05:58 PM
I miss Sydney too. As often as possible :D :D

(waits for flame attack SHIELDS UP !!!)

geezuz Gumby, I just gave ya a green one too! Batter safe!

wongo - think of the skills your learning that will help you earn to feed your family....

cheers

MathewA
3rd August 2005, 06:10 PM
We can’t do anything without a car and a phone here.

Welcome to America. Now you know why they're aggressively keeping the gas prices low. It would kill the US if the price were anywhere near the world average.

bitingmidge
3rd August 2005, 06:40 PM
Two more log-ons for me till I hope we miss Sydney (after all, the plane will be aimed for Singapore).

Wongo, send the girls home a week early, then you'll get to miss them and getting home will be even more funner!! :D :D :D

I did that OS travel for work thing for quite a few years, and found 6days was OK, once the magic 7 came it was just awful....

I used to tell all the budding travellers in the office to keep it to two trips in their career.

The first one is fantastic, the second even better, then every one after that just keeps getting worse! :(

I'll bet you're glad you don't live in Queensland though, 'cause if you miss Sydney after a week, you'd be missing home about 10 minutes after the seatbelt light went on if you lived here.

It's that good!!

:D :D :D

P

ozwinner
3rd August 2005, 07:31 PM
Two more log-ons for me till I hope we miss Sydney (after all, the plane will be aimed for Singapore).

Wongo, send the girls home a week early, then you'll get to miss them and getting home will be even more funner!! :D :D :D

I did that OS travel for work thing for quite a few years, and found 6days was OK, once the magic 7 came it was just awful....

I used to tell all the budding travellers in the office to keep it to two trips in their career.

The first one is fantastic, the second even better, then every one after that just keeps getting worse! :(

I'll bet your glad you don't live in Queensland though, 'cause if you miss Sydney after a week, you'd be missing home about 10 minutes after the seatbelt light went on if you lived here.

It's that good!!

P
You tosser.:D
Owwwh listen............................tooootooooooohhhhhh.
I think your train is boreding.

Al :D

Ashore
3rd August 2005, 09:42 PM
Wongo get back on that basketball court the shaq just re signed with the miami heat for 5 years for $132 million aus ,

if your only 100th as good then $ 1.32 million for 5 years sounds good

otherwise enjoy the trip and what ever you do don't think about , lawns to mow , that bottle of milk in the fridge you forgot the fact that the power surge cut out the freezer and it didn't re-start, the washing m/c hose that blew off, the neighbours kid that hit the cricket ball through the window just before it rained
etc etc ...........http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif
Rgds
Russell

Useless infomation for the day

About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they're still sitting on it.

journeyman Mick
3rd August 2005, 10:57 PM
..............I'll bet your glad you don't live in Queensland though, 'cause if you miss Sydney after a week, you'd be missing home about 10 minutes after the seatbelt light went on if you lived here.

It's that good!!

P

I start missing home after I spend more than 2 hours in Cairns, and that's only 30 minutes drive away. ;)
Hang in there Scott!

Mick

Wongo
6th August 2005, 01:04 PM
Ok sorry for the confusion. I was meant to say “I am misster Sid Nee”, it is my Chinese name. :D

Seriously I am feeling a lot better now. Thank you all for keeping me company. :)

Oh, look my Lee Valley order has just arrived. :eek: A wise man once said “You save more by buying more” :D . I think it was Rob Lee. :D Is he ever going to send me a VIP card?

So I got the LV smooth plane, LV LA block plane, med shoulder plane and some goodies. Yeah I was going to make my own blast gates but these ones look very good. So why not?

The LV planes are very well made, well designed and I am very happy with them. Cant wait. :)

21 days to go.

Groggy
6th August 2005, 02:16 PM
Try spending 6 weeks in St. Louis. It's got an Arch. It also has quite a good woodworking museum - you did go there, didn't you?

zenwood
6th August 2005, 04:00 PM
Oh, look my Lee Valley order has just arrived... Excellent mood lighting on the tool photos. Looks like you welcomed them with low lighting, perhaps a glass of wine, and some romantic music. Nothing like a new tool to get to know better...especially when you're homesick.:)

ozwinner
6th August 2005, 06:23 PM
I think you had better hand your plastic card to Mrs Wongo, BEFORE it melts!!

Al :D