PDA

View Full Version : Kreg - Triton Router Plate Insert Holes Not Matching Up

tolyinoz
9th November 2015, 03:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

About six months ago I purchased a Kreg router table plate insert pre-drilled for the Triton TRA001. On the weekend, after carefully cutting out the whole in my router top and going to install the router into the router plate, I've discovered that the pre-drilled hole for the table top router lifting winder does not match up. At first I thought that maybe I'd received a dud one, but after looking up other plates on the internet I've noticed that the hole placement looks the same everywhere. Is this correct: are Kreg miss-drilling these holes?

Thanks in advance,
Anatoly

Lappa
9th November 2015, 05:43 PM
Mine Triton fitted first up - spot on, HOWEVER my router is a MOF001:?

Rod Gilbert
9th November 2015, 06:01 PM
Hi Anatoly,
My TRA001 fitted up straight away the router sits diagonally on the plate.
Regards Rod.

MrFez
9th November 2015, 09:44 PM
Hi Anatoly

I have the same set up and fitted my pre-drilled Kreg plate only yesterday and everything lines up. Like Rod said, the router sits diagonally on the plate with the clutch winder to the front. The hole for the winder is correctly in line. Can do pictures if you require?

Good luck.

tolyinoz
10th November 2015, 09:25 AM
Thanks for your replies!
My router sits diagonally too, but the switch is to the front on the right side. I've tried fitting it any which way, but gave up after a while.
I'll give it another go!
According to Lappa's photo my holes look to be in the same spot, so it must be my fault.

tolyinoz
10th November 2015, 10:03 AM
Am I right in thinking that the winder fits into the hole where the spring is located (prior to removal for table mounting)?

A Duke
10th November 2015, 11:59 AM
Hi,
No it does not. It has it's own do hicy to latch on to, are you sure you have a router with a hight winder, the earlier ones did not.
Regards

tolyinoz
10th November 2015, 12:48 PM
Yep, it came with the height winder in the box. Its a new router.
Can someone please show a pic of the underside of the plate showing the position of the router?

A Duke
10th November 2015, 01:15 PM
Hi,
363243 363244 I do not think these quit show what we want. The first is a comparison of the old and new version and the other where I drilled the hole for the winder in the old plate.
Regards

tolyinoz
10th November 2015, 01:33 PM
Hi Duke,

This is not the Kreg router plate.

tolyinoz
10th November 2015, 01:36 PM
Hi Dave,

Can you please send me a photo taken of the bottom of you Kreg router plate showing the position of the router?

Thanks,
Anatoly

A Duke
10th November 2015, 02:05 PM
Hi,
I do not have a kreg plate I have a Triton RTA300.
Here are some new pictures of how and where the winder connects to the router363245 363246 It connects under the micro adjuster knob.
Hope this helps
Regards

tolyinoz
10th November 2015, 03:39 PM
Thanks Hugh,

I was mistaken about where the height winder connects with the router. Your explanation helped!

Anatoly

MrFez
10th November 2015, 08:53 PM
Hi Anatoly

Just seen your post, I will get pictures tomorrow if you still need them.

Assuming the word Kreg is on the front left hand side (as you are facing the table), then the TRA 001 should be inverted diagonally with the clutch winder facing the front left side. The on off switch will be at the rear right hand side.

The winder goes through the hole which is positioned at about 8 o'clock on the plate and fits onto the split pin link directly beneath the micro adjuster.

I removed the black plastic router base before connecting it to the Kreg plate, not sure that this is necessary but has been suggested in other threads. And don't forget to remove the plunge spring, this is detailed in the manual and very easy to do.

MrFez
11th November 2015, 03:27 PM
Hi Anatoly

Photos as requested.

363312 363315 363317

Image 1 - View of the table top, taken from the front.

Image 2 - View of the underside, taken from front.

Image 3 - View of the height winder in place. It goes into the large hole above the letter 'E'.

Hope this helps.

tolyinoz
11th November 2015, 10:21 PM
Thanks Dave, all good now!