PDA

View Full Version : Got me a

artme
21st November 2015, 07:23 AM
pressure pot from Supercheap!

Was away for a month and while in Kiama Sean - Thing - rang to say they were on special for $99.99.
Rang around and found that Fairy Meadow had several in stock. They put one aside and I picked it up
on the way through to Liverpool.

Now I can cas a slab sent to me by Hughie as well as plenty of other bits and pieces I have accumulated.

I thinkk Sean will be coming along to supervise!!:D

dai sensei
21st November 2015, 04:06 PM
And another avenue of learning and experimentation begins, and then you will starting thinking stabilisation LOL.

wheelinround
22nd November 2015, 07:47 AM
:rolleyes: and here's me with wood to give away sorry to miss a GtG with you again.

artme
22nd November 2015, 03:48 PM
Yes, sorry about that Ray.

Just a flying visit to see the stem cell doctor for Ana.

It just seems that time goes walkabout whenever I think I have some to spare!!

Les in Red Deer
23rd November 2015, 02:24 AM
Princess Auto puts their paint posts rated a 80 Max PSI on sale 1/2 priced @ $89.99 +tax.

Les

dai sensei
23rd November 2015, 12:01 PM
Just also remember on those cheaper pots the clamps means you have steel on steel. Best to epoxy on some copper/bronze coins/flat to the lid under the clamps. Otherwise the clamps mark the steel lid and cause stress concentrators that can ultimately cause early fatigue failure. Also remember an 80psi max pressure is NOT the working load, most can handle only 40-45psi whilst you are casting.

artme
23rd November 2015, 03:31 PM
That's ther same pot Les. Pretty sturdy unit.

Thanks for the heads up Neil!!:2tsup: Only unpacked the unit today and noticed that the screws to clamp the lid on don't all sit nicely on the flat.

Wiil take unit to club and get some advice from Pres. Jim who is a fitter by trade. Ihave no desire to bugger things before I start!!!:no::no:

dai sensei
25th November 2015, 01:13 PM
You'll also need some other bits, after you remove the paint stuff, like waterstop and tap controls etc.

artme
26th November 2015, 09:25 AM
Just about all set now.

Sean and I did a search and found Fred's excellent post from some years back.

Ended up buying bits from Trade Tools as Bunnies did not have everything so I thought it better to source from one place.