PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Christmas Toy Pallet Challenge

Christos
26th November 2015, 06:38 AM
2015 Xmas Toy Pallet Challenge

Make a toy for a child from a standard pallet.

Start Date: From Now
Finish Date and Photo Submission: 6pm Tuesday, 15th December 2015

Voting Opens: Sometime Wednesday, 16th December 2015
Voting Closes: Wednesday 23rd December,,2015

Materials:
Entrants to obtain any size timber pallet. It must be made of timber only (eg not plywood, mdf or chipboard). It can be brand new, weathered, falling to pieces, burnt, any state at all provided it’s solid timber and it’s a pallet.

If the toy you are making requires wheels the store bought ones are fine.

Construction:
You can use any form of construction, dowels and biscuits are allowed. Use every single bit or the smallest splinter of the pallet to create your toy.

How to Enter:
Entry is open to all Forumites. Please register by posting “I’m in” or similar within this thread.

The entry must be started and (hopefully) finished within the competition dates.

Submissions:
All entries must be sent via email to Christos by 6 pm Tuesady, 15th December 2015. I'll send the email address to all entrants a little closer to the submission date.

Please send in 4 photos of your project, including a photo of the pallet you picked up. All pictures must be sent via email to Christos on or before the finishing time and date( 6pm, 15th December 2015).

Photos sent must meet the same criteria as the Forum Photo standards as this will make it easier for you to send in your submission and for us to create the photo voting thread.

Please send photos of your pallet and project even if it's unfinished, so we can still have a look at what you were up to.

Judging:
This is going to be a mebers only vote.

The poll will be open from the day the photo thread is up and will close on the 23rd of December 2015.

In the event of a draw, the final decision will be made by Ubeaut, who has judged at national level.

Please Note: If you blog your entry, post pictures of your entry anywhere, or identify your work before the voting closes, you will be disqualified.http://www.ubeaut.biz/nono.gif

Prize
We have a member of this forum Miko Ziare offering to put up a prize.

Miko Zaire
29th November 2015, 12:35 AM
:D Rippa!

crowie
1st December 2015, 05:31 PM
I'm in too
http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=200535&p=1912418#post1912418

genuine
1st December 2015, 07:13 PM
I'm in.

Now to find a pallet.

Evanism
1st December 2015, 09:01 PM
Im in!

Christos
12th December 2015, 11:35 AM
Just a reminder for those that entered or are thinking of entering the competition only have a few more days before the closing date.

Those that entered please note that I will be sending out a PM with the mailing address to send your completed or partiality completed project.

crowie
12th December 2015, 04:44 PM
Just a reminder for those that entered or are thinking of entering the competition only have a few more days before the closing date.

Those that entered please note that I will be sending out a PM with the mailing address to send your completed or partiality completed project.

Thank you Christos....i'll be watching for the "pm"....

crowie
13th December 2015, 08:00 PM
Thank you Christos....i'll be watching for the "pm"....

Has the "pm" been sent with the emailing address please Christos, if it has I've been missed, crowie

Christos
14th December 2015, 07:56 AM
I have sent a PM to the members that have said that they would like to participate in this challenge. Please check you inbox.

For those that have a desire to enter but as yet not replied to this thread with I'm In, there is still time.