PDA

View Full Version : Great Going groeneaj

Bushmiller
3rd December 2015, 11:23 PM
Andy is the latest in a long line of Forum members to appear in AWR. For those of you who have not received their copy yet, Andy has a seven page spread featuring the build of his tool chest. A heap of photos and a blow by blow account.

I could have put the thread in the box section, general carpentry, but seeing as how it is specifically to house his hand tools this section seemed the most appropriate.

Well done and congratulations Andy. Perhaps you could supply a picture that is not copyright protected for the thread.

Regards
Paul

PS. I couldn't see any acknowledgement of Andy's work elsewhere, but if this is a duplication the moderators know what to do.

ian
4th December 2015, 03:30 AM
Thanks Paul

I'd like to see a photo.
My copy of AWR is delayed several weeks :C

IanW
4th December 2015, 08:06 PM
Yes, I spotted our man immediately & congratulated him privately, in case he wished to remain incognito. But you've outed him now, Paul, so I'll add my public congratulations.

Funny, I spent many years of my life writing stuff to get published in scientific journals, but the couple of articles I've gotten into AWR have given me more satisfaction than anything else.... :U

Cheers,

shanesmith80
4th December 2015, 08:25 PM
And now staring on youtube

https:/www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGw19mxk-CU

Sorry Andy, I don't know to many celebrities..

Bushmiller
4th December 2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks Shane

Incognito just went out the window! Andy, "star of the small screen."

Regards
Paul

NCArcher
4th December 2015, 09:29 PM
Congratulations Andy. The chest looks great. :2tsup:

FenceFurniture
4th December 2015, 10:46 PM
Hey Andy! Congratulations on a great job.:clap:

ian
5th December 2015, 09:44 AM
Yes, I spotted our man immediately & congratulated him privately, in case he wished to remain incognito. But you've outed him now, Paul, so I'll add my public congratulations.

Funny, I spent many years of my life writing stuff to get published in scientific journals, but the couple of articles I've gotten into AWR have given me more satisfaction than anything else.... :U

Cheers,
:whs:

Congratulations Andy. The chest looks great. :2tsup:
:whs:

crowie
5th December 2015, 11:37 AM
Plus another one!!! :2tsup:

pmcgee
5th December 2015, 11:56 AM
Wow ... looks sharp. Nice video :)
:cool:
Cheers,
Paul

Dengue
5th December 2015, 06:01 PM
That is a magnificent piece of craftmanship Andy. Well done. And that kauri is beautiful. Waiting for AWR to arrive in the Deep North.

You are a star !

groeneaj
6th December 2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. I have always wanted to build a hand tool chest and I was very grateful that I was given the opportunity to write a story on the build. All the photos are on my DSLR but if you go on the AWR site you can get a better look at the chest.

Cheers.

crowie
6th December 2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it. I have always wanted to build a hand tool chest and I was very grateful that I was given the opportunity to write a story on the build. All the photos are on my DSLR but if you go on the AWR site you can get a better look at the chest.

Cheers.

Andy, I see you are now a Sydney Furniture Maker....nice career move sir, cheers Peter

http://www.woodreview.com.au/news/building-a-kauri-tool-chest

Pittwater Pete
7th December 2015, 10:01 PM
Great job Andy. Very well done.
Pete.

Christos
10th December 2015, 06:25 PM
Well done Andy.