PDA

View Full Version : Mumma with Mid Century on My Mind

Sienna
9th December 2015, 09:29 AM
Hello All,
I am a Mum of two boys, the youngest is only two months old. So while Ive got a little time on my hands :q I thought I might try my hand at restoring some Mid Century furniture and see what happens!

I have always been interested in woodwork and pretty much grew up in my Dad's shed watching him build kayaks, boats, kites and our mud brick house.

Keen to learn and see where it takes me!

BTW Im from Adelaide :)

Cheers! :bye1:

old1955
9th December 2015, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the forum Sienna.

Christos
9th December 2015, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the forum.

crowie
9th December 2015, 08:55 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Sienna".
There are a lot of members in and around Adelaide and across Sth Aust.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork ..
Cheers crowie

Sienna
9th December 2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks Crowie! Where/how is the best way to show WIP? Do I start a new thread and go back and add to it as I do more work? Sorry for the newbie question ☺️
I've made a little progress on a current project and thought I might share 😀

Keith_1
10th December 2015, 07:40 AM
Hi Sienna,

Welcome to a great Form.

There are many talented people only too willing to assist with any queries you may have. Hope you enjoy the Woodworking Journey.

My 2 cents worth on WIP. Start a new thread in the appropriate Forum for the task you are working in - giving an overview of what you are going to achieve. Take some photos of your work done over the day/s and add the photos with some text on what you have done in a "reply to thread". This shares any techniques you may have used and is beneficial to everyone.

Good luck and as said before - Enjoy the Forum and the work you are doing:2tsup:

Regards

Keith

crowie
10th December 2015, 08:46 AM
Hi Sienna,

Welcome to a great Form.

There are many talented people only too willing to assist with any queries you may have. Hope you enjoy the Woodworking Journey.

My 2 cents worth on WIP. Start a new thread in the appropriate Forum for the task you are working in - giving an overview of what you are going to achieve. Take some photos of your work done over the day/s and add the photos with some text on what you have done in a "reply to thread". This shares any techniques you may have used and is beneficial to everyone.

Good luck and as said before - Enjoy the Forum and the work you are doing:2tsup:

Regards

Keith

:iagree::whs:

JJF
12th December 2015, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the forum

Christos
12th December 2015, 10:40 AM
..... Do I start a new thread and go back and add to it as I do more work? .....

Basically as mention above by other members of the forum.

I do want to add some additional comments, there is no pressure or timeline for a work in progress. The majority of the members are hobbyist and when you make something it is to have fun.