PDA

View Full Version : Fence Pickets - Melbourne area

Mulgabill
20th December 2015, 06:59 PM
I have had this job referral to me and unfortunately i cannot do it with the equipment I have and is further complicated by a present medical condition.:no:

The client requires approximately 80 cypress picket tops to be cut (picket lengths - 63 x 900mm x 68mm x 19mm and 16 x 1200mm x 68mm x 19mm) in a pattern similar to the Windsor pattern. From what I understand it is to match existing pickets already in place and as mentioned they are similar to the Windsor pattern which is widely available, however, the pattern required is narrower and taller. The Client has indicated that she is willing to wait until after Christmas and from what she has said she is fairly desperate to find someone to take this job on and preferable in the Melbourne area. May be suitable for someone with access to CNC.

The attached image is a tracing of what she requires and is obviously not to scale.

If anyone is willing to take it on please pm me for her contact details and from there on it is over to you.

The above information is as I understand the job to be and I will not be responsible for any misunderstanding or changes in requirements.

Cheers366343

elanjacobs
20th December 2015, 07:09 PM
Old Malvern Pickets in Caulfield has one that looks like it matches: Old Malvern Pickets - suppliers of hardwood picket fences | Old Malvern Pickets (http://oldmalvernpickets.com.au/pickets/) style 'P'

No affiliation with them other than regularly driving past

Chesand
20th December 2015, 07:21 PM
Russell
Have a look at Direct Pickets in Airport West (near the shopping centre).
Not sure if they have that profile but have been helpful when I have been there for blank pickets and posts.
There is also a picket supplier in Albert St, West Brunswick but cannot remember their name

Simplicity
20th December 2015, 09:58 PM
The Albert street west Brunswick
Are perry bird pickets
9387 8422

Mulgabill
21st December 2015, 04:55 PM
Thanks elanjacobe, Chesand and Simplicity for your replies.
The Perry Bird pickets "type E" are slightly different than the client needs. I have been told that her builder has exhausted the usual outlets hence for her request to have someone do them for her.
However, elanjacob The Old Malvern Pickets "type P" is starting to look close. Thanks I will pass on the details to her.