PDA

View Full Version : Drainage Help

jasonbrisbane
6th August 2005, 07:54 PM
My backyard and the shed slab slopes down to one side of my house.Im thinking of installing agpipe into the ground and having it drain into the storm water downpipe.What i want to know is how i connect the agpipe to the 90 mm stormwater downpipe?Do i just drill a hole and stuff it in or are there specific connectors?Do you think agpipe is the best option or should i use a more expensive surface drain?I think agpipe would be best as this would catch any water that seeps into the soil beside the house.Any help appreciated.
I took a crappy pic with a mobile phone if that helps and drew a crappy sketch:)
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/groverj/sketch2.jpg

jasonbrisbane
6th August 2005, 07:56 PM
pic of where ag pipe might go in at 45 degrees??

http://users.bigpond.net.au/groverj/sketch.jpg

doug1
6th August 2005, 08:01 PM
If you talk to a plumbers supply place they will have fittings for this,

Depending on the size of the ag pipe you may be able to slide it into a 90 mm piece on a tee to the vertical you have

When I did similar I put in a 100 mm channel drain, in plastic, am very happy with it

jasonbrisbane
6th August 2005, 08:12 PM
how would the channel drain connect to my vertical pipe?

doug1
6th August 2005, 08:27 PM
Channel drain has plastic fittings which fit to 90mm stormwater, you just run 90mm after that to your existing stormwater , join with a tee. Make sure you have some fall on everything

jasonbrisbane
6th August 2005, 08:40 PM
so i dont just drill in to my vertical pipe, i have to cut it out and put in a T piece?

doug1
6th August 2005, 09:10 PM
You will cut out about 95 mm from the existing stormwater and fit a tee, reinstate whatever is above the tee, and run whatever you need into the tee,channel drain, ag pipe whatever
you should glue the storm water as well

Have fun, its just mechano,

jasonbrisbane
13th August 2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks for your help,just finished and tested and works great!Used 100mm agpipe in blue gravel

eemgee
13th August 2005, 06:52 PM
Jason,

Did you use the ag pipe that is wrapped in geotextile material.

That helps to keep the ag pipe clean otherwise it will block up over time

jasonbrisbane
13th August 2005, 11:43 PM
No didnt use material but only put half dozen shovels of soil over gravel anyway.It is in an out of the way place between shed and house so wont be growing lawn or anything on it.Left other end sealed but abover ground so i can blast some water down it.also put in 3 vertival cut offs of agpipe into blue gravel just to help.

doug1
14th August 2005, 10:48 PM
Glad it worked well for you