PDA

View Full Version : Huanyang 7.5 kw VFD

creative123456
31st December 2015, 07:59 AM
Can someone please help me. I went into my control setting on the drive and now I can't get back into it. I have pushed every button on the control panel and nothing works. My display shows 0.00 and the light on the remote/local is lit along with the voltage. I don't have anything connected to run remotely . I'm dead in the water.

BobL
31st December 2015, 10:20 AM
I assume you tried turning it off, waiting a while and turning it back on again?

creative123456
31st December 2015, 10:23 AM
I assume you tried turning it off, waiting a while and turning it back on again? I did still nothing

BobL
31st December 2015, 12:01 PM
I would do a factory reset - check the manual.

creative123456
31st December 2015, 12:35 PM
I would do a factory reset but I can't get into the settings. There must be a way to reboot on start up but I don't know how. Or to push certain buttons on the control panel in sequence.

P.W.H.
31st December 2015, 01:10 PM
http://www.jinlantrade.com/ebay/invertermanual.pdf

There are various mentions of reset in conjunction with various terminals ("terminal to be used after removing fault").

Considering how many control circuits work these days, my first try would be to hold down various keys and key combinations during powerup - say shift-stop, or shift-start-stop for 4 seconds or thereabouts and see if that triggers a flushing of non volatile memory and a factory reset. It might be worth having a look at the pcb to see if they have a flush/reset button hardwired as well.

jhovel
2nd January 2016, 04:52 PM
Sounds to me like you have accidentally locked it with PD000 and or set it to exteranl commands with PD001
Since it is clearly set to external mode, connect a wire between DCM(COM) and RST (Multi-input3). The control voltage is 10V so you can screw one end of a short wire to DCM and just touch the other end to RST by hand. DON'T touch the larger power connectors below there! They will bite!
Then follow the manual to do the factory reset and start again.

creative123456
3rd January 2016, 03:56 AM
Sounds like your familiar with this unit. I on the other hand am not. Im not sure what you mean by the RST(Multi-input3) Is the 10 volts being supplied by the fvd or I using an external 10V? . It sounds like just a jumper between the two terminals com and rst ( what ever that is.) are you able to tell by the picture of the drive I sent what you are referring to? Thank you for helping me with this matter.

jhovel
3rd January 2016, 11:35 PM
Sorry, I thought I was reasonably obvious.
Have a look at the labels on the green connector block just above where the power goes in and the motor cables connect. They are labelled exactly like it shows in the manual on page 10 approximately in the middle, and the detailed description of those terminal on page 11. The 10V control power is provided inside the VFD. You don't have to do anything with that. I only mentioned it so you are not afraid to touch those connectors....
Do you have the manual? If not, download it from the link given to you by P.W.H. You WILL need to refer to it to set this up or modifiy settings down the track. You also need to understand what it tells you about the settings YOU want to change. All the factory settings are listed in the manual and the VFD will run on those settings out of the box. However, it will NOT be set up correctly for your motor until YOU change the releant settings.
Happy to help you get there, but you do need to read the manual, so we can communicate in the same terms. Once you get your head around what a VFD can and can't do, you'll be fine. What it certainly can't do is find out what motor you connected it to or read your mind about what you want it to do on your machine :)
(I have 8 VFDs running most of my machines - 4 of them are Huanyang 23Bs)

PS: tell me what equipment you are fitting it to and what the motor plate says - all of it - maybe a photo would be good. ALo, you didn;t mention if you are connecting the VFD to 3-phase or single phase power in your shed.

creative123456
6th January 2016, 08:08 AM
I'm still at a lost. This is my terminal board .. I will gladly give a reward to who ever can get me back into this drive. I think my only other option is to purchase another drive.

jhovel
6th January 2016, 12:25 PM
Hi again.
The photos of your manual and connectors solved the mystery for me: you have a GT series (vector controlled) inverter. All the responses you have had so far relate to the much more common SL or HY series inverters..... No wonder nothing made any sense to you.
Now, to get you going again, we need more info: please tell us EXACTLY what the model of your inverter is, e.g. GT-7R5G-4 or similar. See if you can also copy or photograph any labels on the inverter cas that show technical data.
That will tell us if you have a 3-phase inverter or single phase and the voltage it is expecting to be supplied with.

I managed to find an on-line manual for the GT series, but would like to know if it is the same manual you got with your inverter. Please compare it so we can refer to page numbers and headings when we correspond here. THe manual I found shows quite a different front of the inverter case compared to your first photo. That concerns me a bit....

Right now I'm reading about factory reset and will get back to you when I have an understanding.
I'm attaching the GT series manual that I found here. Please confirm that this is the same manual you have.

creative123456
6th January 2016, 12:49 PM
Yes that's the one. 7.5kw 220 single phase input with 380 3 phase output

jhovel
6th January 2016, 02:12 PM
OK, Still trying to find time to read the manual.
So far I can tell that you have accdentally set the VFD to be controlled by RS485 PLC network.... that you don't have :) I haven't found how to reset that yet....

Also, that manual is for entire range of GT series VFDs. I still need to know exactly which model number VFD you have.

There is no 220V 7.5kW model listed in the manual, and I don't believe there is a Huanyang inverter that puts out 380V with a 220V input!
If you look on page 3 of the manual, it says "Output Voltage Range: 0~rated input voltage" - that means the VFD controls the output voltage from zero to the INPUT voltage (whatever that is where you live), no higher. There have been several reports of dealers giving wrong information - probably based on translation errors rather than mischief.

So please let me know what motor you are connecting to it - best to photograph the motor label too! Then I can tell you if that VFD is even suitable for that motor.

Please answer some of the questions I've posed previously (3-phase in your house or single, model of the inverter, label details on side of inverter etc...)

I'm determined to help you, but I need better information from you to do so. This technology is not trivial and most electricians don't have a clue either. On top of that is the problem that a lot of misinformation is put on the internet and pretended to be fact.....

jhovel
6th January 2016, 09:51 PM
Hi creative,
I cannot find any way to rest the VFD in the manual, except by setting the parameter P0.17 to 1
To do that, I suspect you first need to clear all faults according to 5.2.2 on page 25:
"Fault reset
If fault occurs to the inverter it will inform the related fault information. User can use
STOP/RST {or according terminals determined by P5 Group} to reset the fault. After fault
reset the inverter is in stand-by state. If user does not reset the inverter when it is in fault
state the inverter will be in operation protection state and can not run"

Without further information and photos from you, I can't give you any better help.

By the way, have you asked your supplier for assistance? There might be a 'reset key combination' thats not in the manual...

creative123456
6th January 2016, 11:35 PM
I have already ran the motor with the vfd at another time. I was trying to set it up with my mach3 through a mach3 usb board... http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/breakout-boards/3-axis-cnc-usb-card-mach3-200khz-breakout-board as per the drawing in the manual. And no luck as figured. I just purchased a rs485 to try to communicate with the drive and again no luck. not sure if its on my end or the settings in the drive but I can't communicate with it. There must be a way to bypass the external controls so it can be ran at the control itself. Here are the pic of the motor and the drive info. I can't imagine that after the settings are set for external that you cant get back in via the main control on the unit. I'm sure the Chinese have a way of doing it but I can't find the info anywhere. Good luck. I'm on the verge of having to order a new drive which is hard seeings there is nothing wrong with the one I have if I could only get back in.367765367764

jhovel
7th January 2016, 01:39 AM
Now we are getting a little closer. The picture shows that your VFD is NOT a GT series inverter. So you seem to have the wrong manual.
I had no idea that Huanyang now made the -T series of inverteres which can output 380V 3-phase from 240V single phase!
You have a very interesting beast there!
Who is your supplier and what do they say about resetting the VFD? Can they get you a manual for your VFD?

Anyway, you mentioned that you bought 'a rs485'. What did you actually buy? RS485 is a communication standard not a 'thing'.
So I imagine you have a cable to plug into the VFD. Where does the other end of the cable plug in? Which software are you trying to use to talk to the VFD?

Do you know what settings you actually changed before you got locked out? I imagine you set the command input to PLC: PD001 = 2 ? From what I read, that should not prevent you from accessing the parameter list - but I'm also not game to set it to this on one of mine, in case it does prevent access :)

Lastly, there were several discussions on the CNCzone forum a while back showing that many Huanyang VFDs didn't have the RS485 communication hardware installed. Have you looked inside to see if the communications socket is even connected to anything? A long shot....

I suggest you register on the CNCzone and ask the reset question there too. There are some very clever electronics engineers on that forum who REALLY know their way around VFDs.

ubute
7th January 2016, 01:36 PM
I'm not really familiar with Huanyang VFDs in particular yet but am thinking of getting one soon so this topic piqued my interest.

After scanning through the manual jhovel referred to earlier (which may or may not be the right manual) I'd echo a lot of his sentiments.

It seems very weird - totally bizarre - that even with PD001 = 2 for remote communication control, you cannot modify any parameters through the onboard keypad. There are no writable modbus addresses in the manual to change any configuration parameters (as would be expected - the modbus interface would typically just be for remote monitoring and start/stop type control by PLC etc) so not sure how there's any other way to change the PD001 parameter (or any other paramter) other than through the onboard keypad.

If you want to try prove a point and test if there's any remote control start/stop functionality with your RS485 adapter you can download a copy of Modscan. Then providing you know the RS485 settings for serial slave/local address (parameter PC.00 - page 74 of the manual jhovel linked) and comms data format (paramters PC.01 and PC.02 - page 75) then you should be able to write to the relevant modbus holding registers in Modscan as per page 85 - note addresses and values appear to be in Hex not Decimal. It's advisable to use a twisted pair or shielded cable for the 485 wiring because, if the VFD cables are not properly grounded, once the VFD starts running it could be pumping out a lot of RFI which could interfere with the RS485 interface making it difficult to command the inverter to stop via modbus. This could still be a tricky thing to attempt because if there's a comms protocol standard that doesn't seem to be implemented as standard across manufacturers, it's modbus! Even with RS485 you might need to try swapping wires for A/B or +/- etc as that never seems standard either! Looks like Jumper J17 is an RS485 terminating resistor so you could also try with that jumper on and off if comms are still not working.

creative123456
7th January 2016, 10:33 PM
367847I'm trying that now I just sent them a video

Bob Willson
12th January 2016, 12:07 AM
Try pressing two keys together. (At the same time)
There are 28 different combinations to try.
1+2, 1+3, 1+4, 1+5, 1+6, 1+7, 1+8
2+3, 2+4, 2+5, 2+6, 2+7, 2+8
3+4, 3+5, 3+6, 3+7, 3+8
4+5, 4+6, 4+7, 4+8
5+6, 5+7, 5+8
6+7, 6+8
7+8

Chris Parks
14th January 2016, 10:23 PM
I wonder if the keypad is faulty?