PDA

View Full Version : Final piece for 2015

splinterz25
1st January 2016, 07:25 AM
This was some material I had put together when making the vase I posted a few days ago; This one is 10" d x 6 1/2" tall Pompele Sapele & Tiger Maple, It's hard to see but it's under cut and it's about 1/4" Thick except the base.

Bruce

artme
1st January 2016, 08:22 AM
Beautifully done!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Although not to my tastes I admire these pieces for the skill that goes into making them and for their general interest
as part of the turning world's many moods.

double.d
1st January 2016, 08:23 AM
What a stunning piece. Beautiful work.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style=" display: block;"></object>

chambezio
1st January 2016, 09:44 AM
WOW!!!!!.....absolutely stunning!!! I can appreciate all the work necessary to give the result. ...............I also like the way you have reversed the last to run backwards to give us the "before" pictures :U

splinterz25
2nd January 2016, 04:20 AM
Thank you Everyone it's been well liked by most even if they don't go for this type of thing.

Bruce

Christos
6th January 2016, 03:17 PM
I can see the amount of work involved to get this made.

I have been thinking that if you shape the main part of the bowl slightly inwards and the inside following the outside shape your holes would be give a more elongated appearance. Then the space between top and bottom holes might need to be further apart to prevent merging them.