PDA

View Full Version : On the Bot for a Blind Please

seriph1
7th August 2005, 05:15 PM
Hi all

I am chasing and OLD STYLE venetian blind - you know the ones with the wide metal blades that either got binned or shed'd? I only need the blades and they dont even need to be in good nick, (preferrably uncreased though) so if anyone has one laying around that they can bear to part with I would be most grateful.

Length doesnt matter, nor does colour. The only important bit is that theyre the traditional venetians. Just need around 15 of the blades and they could even be cut into length if necessary for posting in one of those tube things. I am happy to pay associated costs. I live in/near Melbourne and would be ok to pick up too.

thanks folks!

Have Fun!!!!

Chesand
7th August 2005, 05:36 PM
Steve
I don't know where you are in or near Melb but there is a hard rubbish collection on in Strathmore area and moving south towards Essendon and onto Ascot Vale.
May be some help to you

seriph1
7th August 2005, 05:41 PM
Thanks Tom - I am in Kilmore and will be unable to get down to Melbourne until next weekend, but I may be able to ask some mates who live down that way.

have fun!

bsrlee
7th August 2005, 09:22 PM
Oh - you want MODERN venetians - I have a stack of OLD venetians - all the slats are made of cedar & painted white. It was a real P.I.T.A.for Dad to sand & paint them every 10 years or so, so when the NEW venetians with metal slats came out, we changed over.

And we still use them :cool:

Twodogs
8th August 2005, 07:37 AM
Hi there
I have a bundle of them if your interested , I am in reservoir
If interested I will PM my phone number to you.
Regards Bill