PDA

View Full Version : TSC-10HB Users

greg.smith
7th August 2005, 05:36 PM
I'm about to undertake a project that requires dados to be cut in veneered panels and I want perfectly flat trenches.

My question to TSC-10HB users is which set produces the best cuts, the Dadonator or the CMT dado set? :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Ian007
7th August 2005, 07:18 PM
I have the Dadonator set it produces a good cut but not perfectly flat sides.
They have a very slight bevel from the outside teeth on the blades the finished cut looks a bit like this \___/ but not that much angle on the sides but you get the idea.

Cheers Ian :)

speedy
7th August 2005, 10:16 PM
I recently bought a Oldham 8" wooworkers dado set (from dean). works beautifully, makes perfect dados. I don't know where to get one in Oz, but they are available on amazon.com. I don't iknow if that helps :)

Auld Bassoon
7th August 2005, 10:20 PM
I recently bought a Oldham 8" wooworkers dado set (from dean). works beautifully, makes perfect dados. I don't know where to get one in Oz, but they are available on amazon.com. I don't iknow if that helps :)
Hi Speedy,

Having tried, I've found that Amazon won't ship these types of items to Australia. Not sure why, but there it is.

I'd tried to buy a "Dadonator" via this channel, but got rebuffed http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon9.gif

Cheers!

PS I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had a different experience.

Gumby
7th August 2005, 11:00 PM
I'm about to undertake a project that requires dados to be cut in veneered panels and I want perfectly flat trenches.

My question to TSC-10HB users is which set produces the best cuts, the Dadonator or the CMT dado set? :confused:

Thanks in advance,
Greg

I'm extremely happy with my CMT set. I know DPB loves his too.

rodm
7th August 2005, 11:23 PM
Ditto the CMT set

greg.smith
9th August 2005, 10:21 PM
Thank you to all that responded. I was leaning toward the CMT set (due to the freight saving ex Northwood) but the combined weight of Gumby, DPB and The Jig Builder (thank you also Rod) have pushed me over the edge.

Carbatech here I come!!!! :D :D :D

Greg

Grunt
9th August 2005, 11:17 PM
have pushed me over the edge.

It happens alot around here.

Timmy
11th August 2005, 05:29 PM
This is why I love this site so much. Don't give much good advice...but the info is really great!!!